Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Wonder Woman 1984 full movie, jittery playback issue

Jump to solution

We are 2 days in to the year, and I'm still having the same issue on a tcl 8 series tv

Level 9

Jump to solution

@Op21  Same here on my 6 series.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Has anyone heard ANY word from HBOMax on when this might be fixed? 

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Goodyoneshoe202 wrote:

There is a post indicating this issue is with late-model Roku TVs.  This is incorrect.  Many posts, including mine, reflect this issue is also with New Roku TVS. Mine is having the same issues with the WW84 movie video play back being choppy and I have a TCL Roku TV that is only a few months old. 

The workaround I've found is to play the movie via the HBOmax app on my android phone and Chromecast it on my TCL Roku TV.  It plays perfectly.  

I'm not losing any sleep over the WW84 movie since it's terrible, but I am concerned if this issue will continue to happen with future new release movies via HBOmax like Dune, Godzilla vs. King Kong, and Matrix 4

Just to clarify - the term "late-model" does indeed refer to newer TV's, so you & the other posters are both right.  E.g. 2019 & 2020 models would be late-models, while older years such as 2016 or 2017 would not qualify as such.  TCL didn't support Dolby Vision on it's earlier Roku TV's.  My TV is a TCL 8-series, which just premiered late-2019 or early-2020, and I bought it in May.  It is a late-model TV... Smiley Happy

Level 8

Jump to solution

@Kevyzim wrote:

Has anyone heard ANY word from HBOMax on when this might be fixed? 

I have heard nothing more since I sent them my detailed info like TV model, SpeedTest results, IP address, etc., other than "thank you for the info".  I followed up with them tonight anyway, politely reminding them that we are significantly into the 30-day window for the movie itself.

Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's content and functionality, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Level 7

Jump to solution

HI Danny,

That would be great -- except HBOMax was contacted by me (and probably most others), without providing support.  I was stepped through basic script driven troubleshooting, and then bumped up to a senior technician, who would contact me.  I did this twice, they have not helped.

My TV set was purchased with embedded ROKU in anticipation of WW84. The box was co-branded with ROKU.  

I'm sure your legal department is no stranger to the risk carried in contracts between Roku and your partners (such as HBOMax.)  You would be wise to ascertain how your brand (ROKU) has been damaged by the association with HBOMax, as they clearly rolled out a product prematurely onto your platform.  I have returned my TV and am doing due diligence on alternative streaming methods before I determine which smart TV to purchase next.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution

Appreciate your tip Danny, again, about going to HBO Max for help.  And I've already done that twice right after your first suggestion with provided link to their support.  The first reply they gave me the scripted fix....uninstall app, Roku System Restart, reinstall app.  I have repeated that procedure at least 10 times, daily, does not help.  Their second reply to me after I told them their suggested fix did not work with WW84 dropped frames, was to instruct me how to properly sign in to my HBO Max account!  LOL, unreal, as I've never had a problem whatsoever of signing in to their app, and I told them so!

Anyway,  I love my Roku TV and love the overall content of HBO Max, so I'm keeping bothSmiley Happy  And I don't really care about WW84 per se, I just care about Dolby or HDR 4k playing properly on their app, particularly down the road as movies come along in that format that I really want to watch.

Level 8

Jump to solution

Another "me too" post, but I do want to keep this thread going. I also received a DM from HBOMax, supposedly from a brand specific tech with the scripted response - check your internet connect, check for updates, yadayadayada. I responded with "please keep me posted when you release an update for certain Roku TCL TVs." Nothing since then - over a week ago. 

The saga continues. I keep checking back here for updates, and have really given up trying to load the dang movie because it just frustrates me more. I appreciate this group and hope to be seeing lots of activity soon as we all start posting that the 4K/Atmos problem has been patched!

Level 9

Jump to solution

At least they replied to a Direct Message on their HBOMaxHelp twitter account a week ago and acknowledged the problem on Roku TVs, and asked me to be patient while their team works on a solution.  I check daily for updates on the app and there was one about 3 or 4 days ago but it didn't affect the issue we're discussing.  On a brighter side, fingers crossed, I've noticed that the HBO Max app no longer crashes on me and sends me back to the Roku Home Screen like it had been doing regularly the first couple weeks.