Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Wonder Woman 1984 full movie, jittery playback issue

Jump to solution

With Airplay, my 8 series says Dolby Vision but my receiver just shows DD+ not Atmos, others getting Atmos with AirPlay? (and yes I have an Atmos setup). 

Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue here, but it was only jittery during the opening scene. After that, it smoothed out.

Level 7

Jump to solution

Same jittery problem. WW84 only. All else fine. TCL Roku Series 5. Bought TV 6 months ago.

Jump to solution

All titles on hbo max work but WW84 causes the picture to blink on and off. I have to reset my roku soundbar everytime i try to watch it. Ive tried to watch it over 20 times with the same result. Wth?

Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the same shuttering issue on TCL Roku 65” 4K tv, however on my 50” Roku 4K ONN tv (much cheaper tv) it streams it fine in HDR. What gives? I ended up plugging a firetv stick into my TCL Roku tv so I could watch it without the stutter. 

Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here. I have the 55r635 (2020 rev) and the WW84 playback is stuttery and useless. I can play 4k HDR content from Netflix, Prime etc without a problem. 

Level 8

Jump to solution

Worked perfectly last night through AirPlay cast to TV in Dolby Vision but DD+ not atmos for me

Kinda wish I would have stopped watching when it was jittery, movie wasn’t worth all this hassle, but it was a matter of principle to get this all figured out. 😁

Jump to solution

We have a TCL tv, same issue with trying to play WW84.  I can watch anything else via HBOMax, including the separate preview showing the first few minutes of the opening of WW84 without any issues.  It's just when I try to watch the WW84 movie, the picture is jittery/skipping frames.   The audio is good and in sync.  I ended up having to access the movie via the HBOMax app on my Android phone and Chromecast it to my TCL tv and it plays fine.  

Level 7

Jump to solution

WW84 isn't working with my brand new 55" TCL series 5.  Tried reaching out to HBOMax tech support and got the script; verify firmware is the latest, update app, recycle power.  My internet tests OK as well.  No resolution.  Thinking about returning this roku TV.

Level 8

Jump to solution

And now, on Sunday 12.27.20, WW84 will not load at all. Just the 3 progress dots of death continuously. Everything else is fine. Gotta be on their end, right? Roku TCL 55R625.