Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C_I
Level 12

Re: Wonder Woman 1984 full movie, jittery playback issue

Jump to solution

@PeteCharles wrote:

Merry Christmas everyone.  Wonder Woman 1984 just launched 45 minutes ago and I tried to play it and just as I predicted, a playback problem on my late mode 6-series Roku TV.

The 4k comes in fine, but the playback is very jittery or choppy.  It's like it's playing at  8 frames per second instead of a normal 24 or 60p, kind of stuttery like if that makes sense.  I have no problems playing 4k movies on my other services, i.e. Netflix, Prime, etc.  Anyone else with similar problem?  

I suspect HBO Max may have a bottleneck problem with everyone off today and all trying to play this hyped movie at same time.  Also add to fact that this is HBO Max's first time streaming a 4k title.  Hoping this will improve in near future. 

You are probably right about a possible bottleneck problem. But, also it might have to do with how many people are on streaming devices or laptops, or smartphones in your WIFi. network.  And  in the old days of dial up or broadband Internet, Internet providers would advise users to avoid being online during peak time as that's when the bandwith was at its lowest, and to try to go online during non peak times when the bandwith was the highest. 

0 Kudos
7blank
Level 7

Jump to solution

Update.... They fix it on my TV... Not doing it anymore.... Have the TCL 8 series... As of 1/24/2021

0 Kudos
Josephi1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Now it's doing it for The Little Things.  Same jittery streaming video problem as WW84.

0 Kudos
TG1956
Level 7

Jump to solution

I bought my tcl 635 in December 2020 and it works great but last night I tried playing movie 1884 which is Dolby and it wouldn’t play and had a pixelated picture. It seems to be just Dolby vision movies every other movie plays great.

0 Kudos