Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcaropreso
Level 8

Re: Wonder Woman 1984 full movie, jittery playback issue

Jump to solution

Several points to mention:

1) WW84 is the only movie on HBO Max Roku TV app that’s currently affected. 

2)You can airplay or Cast from the HBO max phone app to your TV if you really need to see the movie, or just watch on a million other platform options

3)This particular movie isn’t worth the worry but I agree with more good content in the future it would be great for them to have this app fixed. 

4)As others have said, this isn’t a defect with Roku TV but a problem with this particular app and this specific movie. HBO Max is well aware

cfobryan
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos
djf73
Level 8

Jump to solution

EVERYONE - UPDATE THE HBO MAX APP - They just released an update today that knocks Wonder Woman 84 down to HDR (High Dynamic Range) so it streams smoothly while they work on the issue with Dolby playback.

To update, go to the app, hit *, choose update now, Bing bang boom, problem solved.

Should now be version 50.7 build 346

Happy Streaming!!!

Snoogins34
Level 8

Jump to solution

I can also confirm that the Build 346 update fixes the issue.  I just updated the app, re-tested, and noticed that it chose HDR10 instead of Dolby Vision. The 30 seconds of the opening that I watched looked perfect.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Josephi1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same here.  Updated HBO Max today and now WW84 plays perfectly.

Jardilio
Level 7

Jump to solution

To clarify, HBO “fixed” the issue by disabling Dolby Vision, it now plays, however it’s in 4K HDR mode.  Other apps properly support 4k Dolby Vision on these sets. 

0 Kudos
Kevyzim
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you a so much for keeping everyone updated! Wouldn't it gave been nice if HBOMax had sent a statement? I love this group! 

@djf73 wrote:

EVERYONE - UPDATE THE HBO MAX APP - They just released an update today that knocks Wonder Woman 84 down to HDR (High Dynamic Range) so it streams smoothly while they work on the issue with Dolby playback.

To update, go to the app, hit *, choose update now, Bing bang boom, problem solved.

Should now be version 50.7 build 346

Happy Streaming!!!

fluke
Level 13

Jump to solution

Anyone else having an issue were the video and audio plays fine but the plot and character development  doesn't play?

I tested by playing the first Wonder Woman movie and the plot plays fine on that one.  It is just the second movie exhibiting the problem.  I hope they can fix it before the third movie.

PeteCharles
Level 9

Jump to solution

Just updated the HBO Max app on my Roku TV 55R625 and like other here WW84 is finally playing correctly.  Like others also, the HDR appears top right of screen instead of the Dolby Vision notice.  Thank you HBO Max!

0 Kudos
dcaropreso
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had DM’d @HBOMaxHelp on Twitter 12/26 about this issue  and they just responded today:

Hi again, thank you for your patience as our team has worked to resolve this issue. We just sent through an update and you should now be able to successfully stream Wonder Woman 1984 on your TV! You can update by locating the HBO Max channel on the Roku home screen, pressing the * key on your remote, and selecting “Check for updates”. Enjoy the movie and please let us know if you have any additional questions. Best, ^LD

So I think that’s pretty cool. And I bet they’re working on DolbyVision fix as well but this with satisfy most in the meantime.