Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thin340
Level 7

Wired Roku Media Player won’t connect to NAS

I have a Roku TV and a standalone Roku.  Both devices are connected to my network via their Ethernet ports.  Until a few weeks ago, the Rokus via RMP were able to connect to my NAS.  Now, I can’t get them to reconnect.

However, when the devices are connected wirelessly to the network, RMP will connect to the NAS.

The NAS's media server is running TwonkyMedia (which has not been updated).  It sees the MAC addresses of the Ethernet ports, but it’s not seeing their IP addresses.

Also on the network, I have a wired computer which runs Plex.  RMP sees Plex. Plex can access the NAS.

To Date I’ve Done, without success:
- Removed RMP channel.  Did a System Update.  Restarted the Roku.  Added RMP channel.
- Restarted the NAS.

Has anyone experienced this issue, or have any suggestions to fix it.

And before you say it, I don’t want to connect wirelessly; I prefer to use the Ethernet ports.
0 Kudos