Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TM3
Level 7

Will I get charged for adding Philo?

Monday, May 31, 2021--6:31 am CST

Good morning Roku . I was wondering will Roku charge me if I add Philo to my channel lineup? I had Sling TV but it was disconnected. It was under my brother's. 

I would like to know about the Roku player.

Terry Marvin (Dallas, Texas, USA)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
andyross
Level 16

Re: Philo

Philo is a subscription service, so you will need to pay for it. They just increased their price from $20 to to $25.

As I always say: If you subscribe to a service, ALWAYS subscribe directly from the service if possible instead of through a 3rd party like Roku. This means 100% of the money goes to them, and you can generally use the service on any device, and any billing problems can be directly handled by them. Paying through Roku can result in billing issues, restricted to only Roku devices, and other problems. The only advantage is one bill and automatic login on some services.

0 Kudos