Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shi98
Level 7

Why won’t my streaming channels show anything? Nothing will load and it’s not my internet

I turned my tv on and the screen popped up I’m about to click YouTube and the screen goes black. It goes back to normal only to not show my channels that I had already had. I go to try and get them back not one app pops up. I go down the list and still no apps will show. I reset the tv twice I checked for updates and I reported the issue. I still haven’t gotten a response and it’s been over a week. And when you call you can’t even talk to a person. Just because they are only taking calls that deal with setting up a new tv. I had to converse with someone through a chat. Just for them to say they’ll email me when they have it fixed. No said email has yet to appear in my inbox 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Why won’t my streaming channels show anything? Nothing will load and it’s not my internet

What model Roku device do you have? Is it a player or a Roku TV?

If it's a player, can you try it on a different TV? How is it connected to the TV, directly with an HDMI cable, through a soundbar/receiver, or is it an older device with analog (yellow/red/white) cable connections?

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Shi98
Level 7

Re: Why won’t my streaming channels show anything? Nothing will load and it’s not my internet

No cable or none of that. I’m in Germany on  post so it’s my only tv. 

0 Kudos
Shi98
Level 7

Wireless internet connection. It’s a Roku tv I’m not understanding what you’re asking is connected?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

OK, a Roku TV. So there is no other connection, that was only if it was a separate Roku player.

So, first suggestion is to reboot the Roku TV. This is not just turning it off and on. Unplug the power cord for at least 30 seconds, then plug it in and turn it on. See if this resolves the issue. If not, we'll go from there.

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Shi98
Level 7

I did that as well and they still won’t show 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

There's one more thing you can do before performing a full factory reset and starting over. If you hit the Home button 5 times quickly, then the back button 5 times quickly, you will generate a log file that Roku can retrieve and analyze.  Do this right after you have tried viewing a channel.

After pressing those buttons, a code will display on the screen. Write it down and send a private message (PM) to @RokuDanny-R or @RokuMary-F with that code, your Roku model and serial numbers (these can be found on the Settings/System/About menu) and your Roku account email address. Please don't post that information here in the forum, as you don't want your email address visible to everyone.

Dan
0 Kudos
Shi98
Level 7

I tried the factory reset that didn’t work. When I had the chat with a woman named Lisa she told me to do the issue thing. The issue number has been reported already 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Well, if you've done all that already, my guess is there's a hardware defect in the TV. Roku doesn't build the TVs, so any support for that would be offered by the TV manufacturer. 

Dan
0 Kudos