Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melissa24
Level 7

Why won’t my apps carry over to each device?

When I log into my account on multiple devices my apps don’t carry over.  It makes me download them all over again. Can this be fixed so each time they already show up. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
andyross
Level 16

Re: Why won’t my apps carry over to each device?

Are all of the devices linked to the same account? Go to https://my.roku.com/account and scroll down to the bottom to see if all your devices are listed.

0 Kudos
Melissa24
Level 7

@andyross Yes. Both of the Roku devices show up. I’m specifically trying to use the Spectrum app. They haven’t updated their contract, so it only works on existing accounts. I need to mirror the devices because I can’t download it anymore. It only works on existing accounts. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Melissa24 wrote:

@andyross Yes. Both of the Roku devices show up. I’m specifically trying to use the Spectrum app. They haven’t updated their contract, so it only works on existing accounts. I need to mirror the devices because I can’t download it anymore. It only works on existing accounts. 

All compatible channels will install to a new Roku linked to the same user account. You have encountered an area that it doesn't work, where a channel has been removed from the store but remains on the existing devices. You can't install it to a new Roku until/unless Roku and Spectrum come to an agreement. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Until the current Spectrum/Roku carriage negotiations reach a settlement you won't be able to download the Spectrum app to a Roku device.  A Roku that has Spectrum installed already will be able to continue to run it, so don't remove it.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
Melissa24
Level 7

@makaiguy @I thought the spectrum app was linked to the account and not the device. I already have it installed on one Roku. Just to clarify, it won’t also show up if my account is logged into another Roku device?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Normally what you say is true, but it appears that apps tied up in negotiations are a special case.

As I am not a Spectrum customer I  can only report what others who are Spectrum customers have posted.  Something similar was reported with HBO while the HBO Max negotiations  were going on.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos