Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

This is not a "solution" to the issue.  This is just passing the buck.  Roku has really lost it roots and is no longer the company that cord cutters should look to first.  With the greed and delays in both Peacock and HBO max, it has become very clear to me that I as I replace streaming devices and TV's, that I will need to look at other options.  I would love for Roku to return back to the neutral platform that everyone could play on and was required to have first.  I guess those days are over and instead of acknowledging that, we get follow some stupid blog link that goes nowhere, provides no new information and is marked as a solution so when people search they think that maybe their is an answer.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I'm just going to order a Xiaomi you can get it for the same price as a Roku on Amazon or Walmart and there's no big company hanging over you...making decisions what you can't and cannot watch. The reviews are impressive.

The only reason I'm doing this is because I DOUBT we'll see HBO Max and Peacock for at least a year. And I don't want to wait a year..

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have 3 Rokus and have been loyal until you pulled this HBO and Peacock stunt.  You are CHOOSING to try and control what channels are available so you are no longer what you set out to be, a neutral delivery device that support everyone.  Great - now I have to go out and buy new LG smartTVs to avoid your strong arm tactics.

Well done RUINING your reputation!!!  Can't wait to get off your products.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I don't think the issue is with Roku, it is the stations Peacock TV and HBOMax.  If you have a smart TV that can access the internet directly, you can also get these channels on your TV until Roku has them available.  These are free solutions instead of buying other equipment.  It is just a matter of being patient.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@WandaC wrote:

I don't think the issue is with Roku, it is the stations Peacock TV and HBOMax.  If you have a smart TV that can access the internet directly, you can also get these channels on your TV until Roku has them available.  These are free solutions instead of buying other equipment.  It is just a matter of being patient.

It took five years for Amazon Fire TV products to get an official YouTube app. I don't have that kind of patience, especially if one of them has a "must watch" show.

And no, I don't want to invest in even more equipment. Simplicity is the reason why many people use Roku.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Your statement is ENTIRELY inaccurate.  ANY browser or other internet device can get Peacock and HBO Max - Roku is deliberately trying to force both of these companies to PAY you for access.  It is a strong arm tactic.  Please at least own what your company is doing.  You want 30% of NBCUni add revenue just for letting people see what is available for free on any browser or other smart TV.  ROKU is the one doing this 100%.  

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

So my 4 smart TVs are all roku, so this does mean I will need to make sure roku is no longer the only option in my house.   

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

@cedwardsfl wrote:

Your statement is ENTIRELY inaccurate.  ANY browser or other internet device can get Peacock and HBO Max - Roku is deliberately trying to force both of these companies to PAY you for access.  It is a strong arm tactic.  Please at least own what your company is doing.  You want 30% of NBCUni add revenue just for letting people see what is available for free on any browser or other smart TV.  ROKU is the one doing this 100%.  

It's even worse than that. Roku not only wants that share of ad revenue, they also want to place their own adds in the app and have access to Comcast's Peacock user data so that Roku can target us with ads on other apps using Comcast's data. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

How to Watch HBO Max on Roku TV

Good Article,  Should also work for Peacock TV.

https://www.getdroidtips.com/watch-hbo-max-roku/

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just pulled out my chromecast (that I never use) to much trouble not having a remote. I regress, 😊 having hooked up the chromecast I looked around Peacock, so so, not that impressed. Same shows on Hulu , both a day after broadcast. I disconnected the chromecast, back to Roku. Between basic Hulu, CBS All Access and Amazon TV $22.00 per month with more than I could ever watch. In winter I switch from Amazon to Netflix. So for all of you who are obsessed with Peacock, just wait and enjoy what you have Roku will eventually have it.