Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Why no peacocktv channel?

Jump to solution

I am very disappointed at the failure of ROKU to make these services available on my devices.  I will be replacing my ROKU devices and will not purchase any more ROKU devices.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

I have bought nothing but ROKU TVs for the past several years. It is bull that you are not adding the Peacock channel, it's free. Peacock put out a press release that the Roku app is ready to go if Roku will post it. I buy your smart tvs so that I can add the streaming apps I want. It is ridiculous for you to block their app and limit my user experience. These will be my last Roku devices if you continue to censor content.

VERY DISAPPOINTED

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I agree with you. I have 6 Roku's and I've always been happy with them but between HBO Plus and Peacock, it seems like these pricing negotiations are going to become a fact of life going forward. Using Chromecast is okay but methinks it's time to look at other options.  

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Peacock is just one channel, Roku has more than you could ever watch, and why are you mad at Roku? Who knows whose fault it is Roku or Peacock? I’m giving Peacock one month to solve the problem, if not I will cancel them.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

If you don't get Peacock soon I will have to switch to another streaming service. I really want Peacock. HBOMax would be nice, but Peacock is a MUST.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

If Peacock is a “Must” just buy a Chromecast. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

This was not done on purpose "bELIEVE IT OR NOT THE peacock YOU PAID FOR WAS" It was ROKU that hiccupped and caused that mess.  That is why I reposted the whole thing a minute later!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

So, NBC has made deals with Roku regarding the NBC app, NBC News, NBC Sports and several others which are ad-supported. What's the holdup with Peacock? Are they being greedy in regards to the demands they want compared to the other apps they have on Roku? NBC is Comcast and HBO is AT&T so I wouldn't be surprised if orders came down from the top brass to play hardball with Roku, or have we seen a new Dish Network-like culture at Roku?

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: I cannot find the Peacock TV on my ROKU. Are you not going to carry it?

Jump to solution

I just HDMI my computer to my TV, since Roku does not carry it, yet.

Highlighted
Level 8

Roku and Peacock TV = Temporary Solution

Jump to solution

All,

I have come across a temporary solution until Roku and Peacock TV resolves itself.

1. Solution tested on iOS only
  2. App Store = ScreenMirroring
  3. Install - connects to Roku ( did for me on new Soundbar )
  4. Settings
    1. Enable Mirroring Audio = ON
    2. Auto Rotate = ON
  5. Touch Screen Cast
    1. Will require subscription = 3 day trial
    2. Offers weekly / lifetime
    3. I subscribed to weekly to test
    4. So, I might cancel and go for lifetime
  6. Touch Screen Cast
    1. Pop box shows
    2. Touch "Record icon"
    3. Touch "Start Broadcast"
    4. Countdown ensues
  7. Scroll up on horizontal bar
  8. Go to Peacock and Play
  9. Rotate iPhone accordingly
  10. Does not fill the screen entirely - but, dang, for the time being - not too shabby!
  11. Voila!

Hope this works - enjoy!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos