Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

If you did not like what I had to say, that’s ok, you could just have ignored it. But to reply with nastiness was uncalled for, is there a reason you felt such anger? 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I sure hope we have been filling your BIG FAT Pockets with duckets based on the POSTS we have been making.  I'm sure you found a way to get some money for every POST!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I was NOT talking about what you said donwal so stay out of this conversation.  I was talking to the a...ole who claims they are a member of ROKU, not you as you are only a Level 1 so far it does not apply to you.  Next time look before you open your BIG FAT MOUTH and stick your foot in it!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.  However it does not answer the questions as to why Peacock is not available and is Roku working to get Peacock available ?? 

Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Concast's entire stance against Roku's 70/30 split is complete hypocrisy (Essentially, Roku requires 30% of ad breaks from channels).  For 20+ years they and other cable giants were alotted ad inventory time from all the cable channels, something like 4 commercials per hour. And they didn't just sell ads and revenue from small local restaurants etc. Many were sold to large regional chains or franchise regional associations (McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts), large banks, Mazda/Toyota etc that rivaled ads you'd see during local news. Except, Comcast didn't have to produce local news, or pay talent. They just got free ads. During top tier programming like Monday Night Football, Baseball playoffs, The Walking Dead etc, they made good money from the ads sold.

THIS WAS ALL WHILE ALSO CHARGING CUSTOMERS A MONTHLY FEE AND RENTING THEM THE CABLE BOX!!

Roku, reimagined the streaming & OTT space by not charging customers a monthly fee for anything, just a $30 device similar to a DVD player. But suddenly Concast comes over years late with their tails between their legs with demands of not sharing their ad inventory space.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

If there's no Peacock channel on Roku, then why did it show up to add when I searched for it on my Roku and then give me an option to pay $0.99/mo, $7.99/yr or $9.99 Lifetime? I bought the lifetime thinking the shows to watch would show up afterward but still no shows to watch.

How can you charge someone for a channel with no shows? Huh?

I contacted support to get my money back and I'd better get it or I will cancel my account and all of my subscriptions. I highly doubt that Roku doesn't know it's charging for a channel it says it doesn't even have and a channel with nothing to watch. This is just dishonest.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

bELIEVE IT OR NOT THE peacock YOU PAID FOR WAS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Believe or not the PEACOCK you paid for was for Screen Savers and not a Network or the Network.  Sorry that you didn't figure that out sooner but I'm sure they will give you a refund.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

So is there another option besides going back to cable?  Not that that’s a bad thing at this point. Between paying the separate service charges for various streaming services and the lowered price of cable, I think it’s a wash at this point. With the scale tipping towards cable if Roku can’t figure these situations out....and fast!!

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@JAGUARDOG: I had replied to RokuDanny-R with my initial post. Just wanted to vent my disappointment in Roku. Whether or not you believe I am a member of the Roku family is of no relevance to me. I apologize for being only a Level 1. You, being a level 9 is a pretty big achievement. Good for you!!! Maybe, I will ask for your approval prior to posting any comments in the future. Also, you may want to refrain from posting if you cannot be more courteous and polite, as well as adding something useful to the conversation.

I would be willing to review your comment for you, to help you with posting incomplete comments and assist you with your mannerism and proper use of the English language. Let me know on that. Thank you and have a nice day!!!