Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Level 16

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

Like many newer services, older Roku models are not supported. This is a list of what models are supported by Peacock:

Roku:
Roku 2 (4210X model only)
Roku 3 & 4 (model 4200X or later)
Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600X or later)
Roku Express/Express+ (model 3900X or later)
Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (model 3920X or later)
Roku Ultra/Ultra LT (model 4640X or later) 
Roku TV and Smart Soundbar (model 5000X or later)

0 Kudos
Fredbaby10
Level 7

I put the peacock in my channel store. They ask for e-mail and password I put in . It says already signed in  when I hit continue it asks me to put in my e-mail and password again .! PLEASE HELP 

0 Kudos
JPmidland
Level 8

Jump to solution

Well, of course! I have a Express 3700. 

0 Kudos
MC5
Level 8

Jump to solution

Kinda stupid on there part not to put it on all devices... not gonna buy a new roku just to watch one more channel on my roku. my old one still works just fine.

StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

This is common with new/newer services (including Apple TV+ and Disney+) - you need more recent devices that have the processing power necessary for the features, functionality and quality levels the publisher wants.  There is always going to be a cut-off at some point beyond which their app wont work properly or have all the features/functionality /quality levels they set.

Older more established services (aka larger more valuable) can afford multiple client (app) versions/levels, especially when they have already developed client apps years ago for those 4-7+ years old devices (the 3700 is the lowest model from fall 2016) when they were new (e.g. NetFlix).

Considering these streaming devices are relatively cheap (a 2019 Express can be had for $30, a 2019 SS+ can be had for $50), its pretty reasonable to acquire one for another 2-3 years of new app releases/updates.

0 Kudos
IHATEPEACOCK
Level 7

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Peacock

Jump to solution

@Fredbaby10 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried using another browser to see if that resolves your issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Iona-D
Level 14

Jump to solution

@ff1 wrote:

You may have seen the news release; but, on 9/18, an agreement was reached between NBC and Peacock.  Advertising, big dollar things, ROKU has to have a piece of the action to allow Peacock to stream on their box.  I would expect Peacock to be available sometime in October 2020.  Hopefully, HBO Max isn't far behind.

If this is helpful, I just exited my Roku Account.  I added Peacock TV to my own Channel/Apps Selections.

I am one very happy user.

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Level 14

Jump to solution

@MC5 wrote:

Kinda stupid on there part not to put it on all devices... not gonna buy a new roku just to watch one more channel on my roku. my old one still works just fine.

Isn't it obvious?  Most companies want you to upgrade and continue to upgrade.  Plus as others here stated, the older models simply don't measure up to the new bells and whistles that the newer apps offer.  Not stupid, just good business/money flow sense.

0 Kudos
JPmidland
Level 8

Jump to solution

I see no reason to scrap my 3700 Roku device just to get Peacock.  Netflix, Hulu, etc all work just fine.  Reminds me of the old days when every time you went to get a new game for your PC, you had to upgrade the video card.  If they will put it on all devices, I will give it a try.

0 Kudos