Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Peacock

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

@HDMIGuy wrote:

I have the Peacock app on my phone and computer.  Not sure what the complaints about the app are, it worked fine for me.  I also have a Firestick 4k and several Roku devices.  Of course no app for those at this time.  


I installed the Peacock app on my Shield last night, and it won't even start. I can see why there are so many complaints about it in the Google play store. I haven't been able to even see what's offered yet. And even for free use you still have to have a user account.


When I noticed it was the 15th, I checked the Google Play Store for it, and installed it on a TiVo Stream 4K. It basically works fine, no showstopper problem that would make me wait to use it. If your inability to install it and your reference to complaints you read on the internet were a basis to form a valid opinion, then community.roku.com is enough evidence that no one should ever purchase a Roku.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Peacock

Jump to solution

@BarneyF wrote:

@atc98092 wrote:

@HDMIGuy wrote:

I have the Peacock app on my phone and computer.  Not sure what the complaints about the app are, it worked fine for me.  I also have a Firestick 4k and several Roku devices.  Of course no app for those at this time.  


I installed the Peacock app on my Shield last night, and it won't even start. I can see why there are so many complaints about it in the Google play store. I haven't been able to even see what's offered yet. And even for free use you still have to have a user account.


When I noticed it was the 15th, I checked the Google Play Store for it, and installed it on a TiVo Stream 4K. It basically works fine, no showstopper problem that would make me wait to use it. If your inability to install it and your reference to complaints you read on the internet were a basis to form a valid opinion, then community.roku.com is enough evidence that no one should ever purchase a Roku.


Well, user experiences are one data point that should be considered for any product. Yes, you have to acknowledge that user forums are far more likely to be reporting problems. User reviews from sites such as Amazon, app stores (iTunes, Goggle Play Store, Windows Store), and such offer more of a varied opinion, as you can find positive reports there as well. But it's still only one point to consider. 

After trying again, the app now loaded on my Shield. No idea why it crashed before. Because it requires a user login, I didn't get any further looking into the app, as I didn't have time to create the account at the moment. But I'll look it over more thoroughly later today. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Peacock

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

Because it requires a user login, I didn't get any further looking into the app, as I didn't have time to create the account at the moment. But I'll look it over more thoroughly later today. 

Enter an email address, choose a password. It ain't rocket surgery. No email verification, you're just in (you can have an email verification link sent to you later by going in to your settings, but unless you upgrade, why bother?).

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Peacock

Jump to solution

@BarneyF wrote:

@atc98092 wrote:

Because it requires a user login, I didn't get any further looking into the app, as I didn't have time to create the account at the moment. But I'll look it over more thoroughly later today. 

Enter an email address, choose a password. It ain't rocket surgery. No email verification, you're just in (you can have an email verification link sent to you later by going in to your settings, but unless you upgrade, why bother?).


Yep, gonna do it. Just didn't have time when I was looking at it. Still don't, but will later today.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and the feedback.

Please be aware that Peacock is currently not available on the Roku platform. For more information visit www.peacocktv.com and subscribe to the latest channel updates at http://blog.roku.com.

We have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team.


Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 14

Re: Why no peacocktv channel?

Jump to solution

Look through the multiple other threads about this. It's all about viewer data, ad sharing, and $$$.

Highlighted
Level 7

Stop extorting money from content providers

Jump to solution

HBO max and Peacock are blocked by Roku until they pay Roku a monthly bribe which they call “revenue sharing”. The reason we cord cut is to stop paying insane rates to cable companies.  Roku has changed sides.  Instead of being the solution they became the problem.  Extorting money from content providers is really extorting money from consumers because prices go up so Roku can get their bribe money.  Stop acting like mobsters and allow the providers to release their apps.

Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Why no peacocktv channel?

Jump to solution

@andyross wrote:

Look through the multiple other threads about this. It's all about viewer data, ad sharing, and $$$.


Well, if that's true, maybe everyone should go to settings/privacy/advertising/ to limit ad tracking and to reset your identifier. I did that a long time ago and have never seen a local ad since. At least I'm not being targeted.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

FYI not on Playstation either. We have 3 streaming services and it's not on any of them. Smh I paid for year of MAX and Peacock. I'm so disappointed.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

You did not answer the question, merely confirmed what was already known that Peacock is not available. Between this and no HBO Max I wish I had never purchased a Roku device.