Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demsd
Level 13

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

@jnadenicek wrote:

You know that you can view Peacock on Playon and PlayOn will work with ROKU so.....

I said that too. View and record to your hearts content.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@jcgc50 wrote:

Does using Playon require casting from your device to TV?

It streams & casts to a number of devices such as Roku, as well as DLNA-compliant devices like a Smart TV or a Plex Media Server. Personally, I use PlayOn to record movies & TV shows from premium services, then add them to my Plex Media Server and stream using the Plex Roku channel. If all you are looking for is an alternative while Peacock TV & Roku work out a deal, I'd suggest using PlayOn Cloud and buy a Credit Pack. It might be a little less expensive than a Cloud Plan or a lifetime PlayOn Desktop subscription.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
clivew
Level 8

Jump to solution

Does PlayOn require recording then watching?
My primary concern regarding PeacockTV is watching EPL soccer.
If I can't watch until the game is over, that has very limited attraction.
Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
PhxCoronado
Level 9

Re: Stop extorting money from content providers

Jump to solution

Comcast and ATT (WarnerMedia), both, are stubbornly not coming to a revenue/advertising share agreement with not only Roku but FireTV also. The hosting platforms, especially Roku, must generate revenue to stay in business. Roku (#1) and FireTV (#2) together control 70% of the hosting platform form market; therefore, Comcast and WM will have to finalize a deal. Roku is still the most affordable open platform. 

0 Kudos
Spherelandet
Level 7

Jump to solution

[post edited] Just admit that Roku is greedy and is using your customers as hostages in your negotiations with Peacock and HBO Max. I will never buy another roku unless Roku returns to being a neutral carrier and apologizes to your customers. 

bknabe
Level 12

Jump to solution

@Spherelandet wrote:

[post edited] Just admit that Roku is greedy and is using your customers as hostages in your negotiations with Peacock and HBO Max. I will never buy another roku unless Roku returns to being a neutral carrier and apologizes to your customers. 

It's actually the other way around. WarnerMedia is holding Roku customers hostage expecting Roku to be forced to submit to their demands. Jason Kilars's statement that he expects Roku and Amazon to cave during gift giving season shows who is holding hostages.

janeroeg
Level 7

Jump to solution

Please make this station available via Roku. My daughter is very sad that it's not available. We would subscribe! We are a Roku family, having 3 Roku units!

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Level 13

Jump to solution

Such loyalty in this day & age!  Too bad your daughter will grow up in a world where this trait is no longer has any meaning of relevance in this lopsided.wptld.

0 Kudos
lrbryan23
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sounds like it's time to ditch my roku device!!!!! And get a device that has the Peacock channel. I absolutely love the Peacock channel because it has alot of my favorite sitcoms that are either not on other channels or they were on but for whatever reasons the channel dropped the sitcom. And they have new and old movies. 

Signed by a extremely disappointed an Roku owner!!!

0 Kudos
Kphealy
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

Hoping that Roku and Peacock can come to a mutual agreement. I’m very happy with both Roku devices in my home.

I am also very happy with NBC’s coverage of the Premier League- this is my reason for subscribing to Peacock. It’s reasonable to assume that NBC has invested a substantial amount of money into rights for the Premier League in the US. It’s also safe to assume the Peacock app and launch are a sizable financial investment.

It seems foolish that NBC would make this endeavor and close out a significant portion of the market who will watch content on a TV. For a major corporation, this is an incredibly short-sighted action. Would they rather have maximum exposure at a smaller margain or have reduced exposure with poor return on their investment?

NBc- wise up

0 Kudos