Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demsd
Level 13

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

@jacklaridian wrote:

Oh, maybe you misunderstood. I DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care who's strong-arming who and who's actually to blame. ... This statement: "It's disconcerting that so many can't see that, but even more so when all some people can think about is getting what they want." leads me to think you believe we're all supposed to accept that they can't come to an agreement and that's not acceptable.

You clearly only care that you aren't getting what you want, and what you have to accept is you are not entitled.

@jacklaridian wrote:

We have other options (like AppleTV) and if they can't straighten this out, they are going to lose a lot of customers.

You don't have your finger on the pulse of nearly 40 million Roku users. You don't speak for all of them.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
8irdee
Level 8

Re: Please add Peacock

Jump to solution

You would think by now somebody would have created an 'unofficial' Peacock plug channel to be found in the app store, but no such luck. I can get a live goat cam for two dollars, but not free-free-free TV? C'mon, Roku.

0 Kudos
jacklaridian
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yep, I'm entitled. I'm entitled to good service as a consumer, loser.

0 Kudos
Joeflow
Level 8

Re: Stop extorting money from content providers

Jump to solution

I know the posting is old but in order for  Roku to maintain a business and supply the hardware they have to have a steady income. Sales of hardware in no way is enough to run their company. If you compare the fees they charge to Apple they're minuscule. A lot of their income is all ad generated without that ad revenue we wouldn't have Roku. I admit since They went public we lost a lot of the capabilities we really liked but it gave them a way to keep the company in business. Eventually we will see peacock but like any other company they've got a pay for the right to use the device. That's only fair. Remember for every device peacock runs their app on they make money. Roku should be able to share in this income. Anything and everything we do every day when it comes to services there's always a fee involved. You hear that peacock has a free version. It's not free they run advertising to pay for it.  By them using Roku they will gain millions of customers. That's just capitalism. I'll admit it would be nice if they stop policing some of the apps and taking them off. Some of the best apps have been removed because it didn't meet their new guidelines. They forget because of those ass that's what made Roku so popular. Yes I don't like paying for stuff anymore than you do.  I wish they would leave copyright protection up to the DMCA that's what it's there fore. Roku  should go back to giving their customers what they want.

Joeflow
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just wanted to point out one more thing do you realize peacock TV is owned by Comcast. They charge everyone for the right to transmit across their cable system. So what's the problem with Roku charging them for broadcasting over the Roku. Remember Comcast is a multibillion dollar company and they don't give a **bleep** about you or me all they care about is how much money they can rape us for. There are lots of free channels on the Roku that are ad supported. So why should Comcast's Peacock be treated any different than any other channel. Yeah I'd like to watch it on my Roku to but for the time being I Will watch it on the web. I'll admit I think the reason there's no real web browser on the Roku is because of the DMCA and ad revenue to help support Roku. They should be careful though just about every network out there is available over the web. We can always connect a PC to the TV. 

demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@jacklaridian wrote:

Yep, I'm entitled. I'm entitled to good service as a consumer, loser.

But you are not entitled to choose what Roku adds to the platform, cry baby.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@JAG-123 wrote:

I bought my Roku’s So if I want to load software from Peacock or HBO that’s my choice.  What Roku is doing is saying you buy the device and Roku only allows software from companies that pay them a kickback.  They are fricken mobsters!!!! 

It's only your choice if those channels are available. HBO Max and Peacock are not, and they never told you either would be.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
klgrube
Level 9

Jump to solution

Listen, demsd, I don't know who you are, but I'm sick and tired of your trying to abuse and humiliate other members of the Roku community.  I have reported you three times to Roku for abuse.  I have even emailed asking them to remove you from this community, though you'd probably come back with a fake name and continue verbally abusing others.  I'm headed to out right now to buy a new Smart TV or device that doesn't rely on Roku, and I am doing so mainly because they've let you continue here and have done nothing to stop you, and because they don't even have the wherewithal to set up chat support on their support page.  I think both of these situations are pathetic.  My leaving has nothing to do with this stupid nonsense about Peacock.  It's YOU and Roku's lack of decent support.

drjekel_mrhyde
Level 9

Re: Why no peacocktv channel?

Jump to solution

Google's Android TV dongle with remote comes out in a month and I will ditch all **bleep** related to Roku and Fire TV. I won't even recommend their shiat anymore. I see that TLC is also moving away from them also by selling TCL TVs with Android at Walmart and Bestbuy. Roku has become garbage once they claimed that their channel has less ads than the other free channels.................Wrong Tubi and the free Version of Vudu has way less ads than The Roku channel. 

0 Kudos
drjekel_mrhyde
Level 9

Jump to solution

Comcast and At&t are a duopoly while Roku is not and can be put to death within a year when Google release the Android dongle. TCL and HiSense bail(They are now selling Android models), then it's game over for Roku.

0 Kudos