Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demsd
Level 13

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

@Dj_rmp wrote:

So my 4 smart TVs are all roku, so this does mean I will need to make sure roku is no longer the only option in my house.   

Idle threats, @Dj_rmp. I double dare you to toss out your four TVs and buy new ones.

Ridiculous. Grow up, slick.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@JMartynowski55 wrote:

Just want help with checking my subscription status since I purchased the lifetime subscription and screen saver since unaware that peacock isnt available on Rokutv

You've been duped. All you bought was a screensaver, @JMartynowski55.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@blenzi wrote:

RokuDanny-R,

This is not an answer or a solution.  Why isn't Roku offering Peacock.  NBCU says its you all; that they are offering the channel to all platforms.  So why isn't it available on your devices?

Gullible much?

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@klgrube wrote:

Fire TV requires yet another power plug.  I really don't want another device that requires a power plug.  That's one of the reasons I like the other Roku streaming devices that can get power from the TV's USB port.  So, that lets Fire TV out.  Why can't Roku just get this done?  This is ridiculous!

What's ridiculous, @klgrube, is you crying about another power cord.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Re: Why no peacocktv channel?

Jump to solution

@klgrube wrote:

I use my computer constantly and refuse to have to use it to "cast" to my Roku TV.  We shouldn't be having to find awkward work-arounds.  This is stupid.  Roku just needs to get this done.  NOW!

Ignorant.

Oddly enough, Hulu, Crackle, PlutoTV, Xumo, STIRR and any of the other channels that provide ad supported content have no problems with Roku's terms. It's not Roku. It's NBCUniversal.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@MaderaGuy wrote:

Luckily I only have on Roku.  Just in the process of cutting the cord.  So now for my other tvs I'm buying Tivo Stream. $49 and includes Peacock and HBO Max. Roku lost the opportunity to see four more units. Hope it was worth it to Roku. 

Bye Bye.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@Pax80 wrote:

I must agree with most of what I am reading here. There must be a middle ground between Peacock TV and such a large market of Roku users. I really don’t want to connect my laptop to my tv every time I want to watch. As the English Premier League Soccer has left NBC sports/Gold for Peacock I will have to consider getting an Apple TV if I want one stop shopping for my other subscriptions. Roku is a great device and I see changing as a step backwards. This is not what we cut Cable for !

Ask PlutoTV, Xumo, STIRR, Crackle and all the other ad supported services why they have no problem with Roku's terms. You're crying in the wrong place.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@Cord_ninja wrote:

I'm confused as to what business you think roku is in? I use Roku for their devices not their services. They don't provide me content and if i were peacock I know I'm going to reach enough market share without Roku. The only thing the will happen is Roku will be replaced. I love Roku but they're fighting a losing battle

Roku will be just fine without you and the other complainers. Don't let door hit you in your a$$ on the way out.

Bye Bye.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@JoelA wrote:

It is with much regret that I will not be purchasing another Roku device and I will be getting rid of my two current devices as soon as I get new devices from another company.

Good. One less complainer.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@MichaelBerger wrote:

Roku doesn't create the channels, that is up to the content provider. NBC probably doesn't have confidence in their service yet and wants to unofficially beta test it before releasing it on Roku and Fire. It's not an unusual step. You don't know what you're talking about.

No. NBCUniversal is greedy. My understanding is Roku utilizes a 70/30 ad share agreement [Roku gets the 30%] with ad supported channels, and they offered NBCUniversal a 85/15 agreement. NBCUniversal balked at that saying 15% was too much. They also want to control all the data.

Other ad supported services are not complaining about any of it. So, clearly the problem lies with NBCUniversal, not Roku.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos