Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

I like roku despite the volume control don't work anymore

its a shame hbo max still not on roku despite that i'm at and t direct tv can watch free but don't want to cast my phone to roku after download app dread watch computer

peacock well I can watch on lg tv  but I don't watch streaming apps on that I watch on my roku so I haven't signed up watch free yet

I used my bluray player watch Netflix<--yes I know its sorry

anyways back to matter at hand both this and hbo max I think its sorry not on roku esp hbo max

its a shame really I got the roku streaming stick plus back in june of last year because wwe network was no longer on bluray players

I think i'm going to give up get a apple 4k tv this week or next week removed roku streaming stick plus out of my onkyo  4k receive and connect 1 end hdmi 4k apple tv other end to that same spot

I don't know what to do about my roku keep it or give away sell who knows

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: I cannot find the Peacock TV on my ROKU. Are you not going to carry it?

Jump to solution

"Peacock has support for other streaming-TV devices, like Apple TV, Google's ChromecastMicrosoft's Xbox One and now Sony's PlayStation 4. Peacock's app is also confirmed for Vizio's SmartCast TVs and LG Smart TVs, and the service will be available on mobile devices too."

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@makaiguy wrote:

When will CBS NBC (brain fart, sorry) make Peacock TV available on ROKU? It's not cool when you create a new channel and don't make it available on the most popular streaming device. (Not available on Amazon Fire, the second most popular either -- what does that tell you?)

Statement from Peacock TV (NBC):

"

Peacock said Tuesday that remains in talks with additional partners. 

"The Peacock app is ready to launch across platforms with the flip of a switch," a Peacock spokeswoman said. "We think it's important for consumers to know that Peacock is free to use and free to any platform who wants to distribute it. If Peacock is not available on a platform at launch, it is not because we didn't make it available, and it's not because we didn't make it available for free."

"Consumers have purchased these devices with the expectation they will be able to access all of the apps, so our hope is that all platforms will do right by their users and carry it," she added."

Highlighted
Level 7

PEACOCK!  When will it appear in my list???  With the popularity of this network and the programs on it, it did not even enter my mind that my Roku TV would not have it! Come on!  Everyone flood this board with Peacock!!!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I also paid for Peacock earlybird special they offered. They even said that on the 15th Roku would support it. So I was excited when the 15th came. Peacock took my $31.64 out of my account and I noticed I couldn't get it because Roku didn't support it. Now I'm stuck with peacock for a year with no way to watch. Customer service is useless on peacock as well. You talk to a computer. This is Bull**bleep**!!

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Get an Android streamer. Roku has made their choice that the need to service their customers is less than their greed.

https://www.techradar.com/best/android-boxes

Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Peacock

Jump to solution

It's available for my Shield, and while I haven't looked at it yet I did read the reviews in the Google play store. Apparently the app itself is terrible. Only released one day and the reviews are filled with problems. Sounds like NBC didn't test it very well. 

Would a Roku version be the same? While it's a different coding language, it most likely will look and work exactly like apps for other players. So mostly it too will stink.

I'm sure that eventually Roku and Amazon will come to an agreement and make it available on Roku and Fire TV devices. But it sounds like they may need to time to fix the app first anyway.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Typical Comcast Corporate domination move!  Peacock is a subsidiary of Comcast!   Remember back when Comcast TV cable service was competing with Dish TV?  Comcast was the bully charging $150+ a month for the minimum 25 channels/service?  Don't support them taking over streaming or we will see the fees for streaming continue to increase!  Already Peacock comes in the market charging 29.99 for commercial free more than Netflix etc!  

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I have the Peacock app on my phone and computer.  Not sure what the complaints about the app are, it worked fine for me.  I also have a Firestick 4k and several Roku devices.  Of course no app for those at this time.  

Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@HDMIGuy wrote:

I have the Peacock app on my phone and computer.  Not sure what the complaints about the app are, it worked fine for me.  I also have a Firestick 4k and several Roku devices.  Of course no app for those at this time.  

I installed the Peacock app on my Shield last night, and it won't even start. I can see why there are so many complaints about it in the Google play store. I haven't been able to even see what's offered yet. And even for free use you still have to have a user account.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.