Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diogenes
Level 7

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

Really need to understand why each upgrade was required. 

0 Kudos
bknabe
Level 12

Jump to solution

@lesmikesell wrote:

From that first Engadget link:

"The terms of the deal Roku and NBC Universal eventually struck remain unknown, but the latter's hard line ultimately may have been responsible for forcing Roku's hand."

I think that whose hand was forced depends on your perspective. We may never actually know, but the impression I got from the articles I read earlier last week was that NBC caved. Obviously Engadget saw it the other way.

0 Kudos
JJoll
Level 7

Jump to solution

I signed up for peacock tv on Roku(Ultra) and it was installed on one of my tvs, but the other 2 tvs (with older Roku sticks) don't even show Peacock tv as an option in the channel list. What's up?

JPmidland
Level 8

Jump to solution

If you have an older Roku device, they want you to upgrade to add Peacock.  My 3700 does not work with Peacock. It works with Netflix and Hulu, so I will just have wait to see Peacock.

Iona-D
Level 13

Jump to solution

IMO, it does not matter who did what in the end.  The point of this and all other discussions on this and other forums is:  Peacock TV is on Roku now!!!  Now the next topic of discussion should be:  What is the possible/probable damage from not debuting Peacock on July 15, 2020? 

Will it be a very noticeable one?  Like a very mass exodus to other streaming platforms?  Which will translate to a loss of eye balls and resulting ad revenue.   Or worse, a mistrust of anything Roku?   Translating to not purchasing the devices (more importantly the technology inside each one) in the future, or worse, not trusting Roku's "1 click" subscription service.  Lastly, no direct phone in call center, chat, or some other actual live person communication in real time with the growing fandom with some sort of technical/payment problems which crops up from time to time in any online business, not just Roku's own. 

This is the challenges the Roku Corporation faces now into the future.    Robot surprisedI wonder if they are even listening.Robot surprised

37mediagroup
Level 12

Jump to solution

@Iona-D wrote:

IMO, it does not matter who did what in the end.  The point of this and all other discussions on this and other forums is:  Peacock TV is on Roku now!!!  Now the next topic of discussion should be:  What is the possible/probable damage from not debuting Peacock on July 15, 2020? 

Will it be a very noticeable one?  Like a very mass exodus to other streaming platforms?  Which will translate to a loss of eye balls and possible ad revenue.   Or worse, a mistrust of anything Roku?   Translating to not purchasing the devices in the future or worse, not trusting Roku's "1 click" subscription service.  Lastly, no direct phone in call center, chat, or some other actual live person communication with the growing fandom with some sort of technical/payment problems which crops up from time to time in any online business. 

This is the challenges the Roku Corporation faces now into the future.    Robot surprisedI wonder if they are even listening.Robot surprised

I'm willing to bet an unnoticeable % of users were upset or noticed Peacock not available that they took action and left. Comcast also has its own immitation unit they wanna give you (Flex I think its called) which also nobody uses and it will fail within 2-3 years. Pretty sure Peacock wasn't on Fire sticks either, which begs the question, if people on Roku and Fire were not able to access or subscribe to Peacock TV, who was?

We'll likely never know, but sounds like Comcast realized real quick the subscriber base was nil, whereas Disney+ skyrocketed their first few weeks and still is to this day.   Awful rollout by Comcast, and a bad start is usually pretty tough to overcome. No matter what tho, losing close to 70% of potential customers is a terrible way to begin, but they, as a company, tend to be self-centered and overshoot things by thinking the globe revolves around their forecasting and strategy when the reality is people make their own choices and decisions. (Comcast:  People will do it this way because that's what we want them to do)

lesmikesell
Level 13

Jump to solution

@37mediagroup wrote:

Pretty sure Peacock wasn't on Fire sticks either, which begs the question, if people on Roku and Fire were not able to access or subscribe to Peacock TV, who was?

Anyone with a computer.  Or iphone/android/android TV/chromecast.   That's most of the population.

0 Kudos
Gooner
Level 8

Jump to solution

I watched two English Premier League soccer matches on my laptop via PeacockTV Premium and both sound and video were continuously fluctuating between on and off - most annoying! Since then I watched two EPL games with my Roku and the video/sound was flawless with zero buffering - way better!

JoelA
Level 8

Jump to solution

What? That didn’t make any sense. I’ve watched literally hundreds of hours of Peacock and have zero issues. Me thinks it’s a you problem. 

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Level 13

Jump to solution

I watch Peacock TV across 2 platforms now.  I noticed that there ARE technical problems at times.  To me tech problems come and go.  Not enough for me to be put off by this app channel.

Whether it is being watched on one of my Roku devices or the other platform's dongles.