Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

Hi,

Hoping that Roku and Peacock can come to a mutual agreement. I’m very happy with both Roku devices in my home.

I am also very happy with NBC’s coverage of the Premier League- this is my reason for subscribing to Peacock. It’s reasonable to assume that NBC has invested a substantial amount of money into rights for the Premier League in the US. It’s also safe to assume the Peacock app and launch are a sizable financial investment.

It seems foolish that NBC would make this endeavor and close out a significant portion of the market who will watch content on a TV. For a major corporation, this is an incredibly short-sighted action. Would they rather have maximum exposure at a smaller margain or have reduced exposure with poor return on their investment?

NBc- wise up

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I cant get it on my Samsung tv or bluray either  it is very hard to blame ROKU for that  I saw where they want people to upgrade  FAT CHANCE

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Stop extorting money from content providers

Jump to solution

Is that why it is not available on my Samsung tv or bluray?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku needs to get their act together.

You claim you’re an alternative to cable.  But when you aren’t allowed to PURCHASE content from certain networks....you fail.

Make PEACOCK AVAILABLE TO ROKU USERS now.

Peter

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Stop extorting money from content providers

Jump to solution

@diogenes wrote:

Is that why it is not available on my Samsung tv or bluray?

Hardware manufacturers have different rules when it comes to "smart TV" apps like HBO Max and Peacock. For example, my 9 year old LG Blu-ray player has early versions of the Netflix, Vudu and YouTube apps built in via firmware, but no way to update or add other apps. Companies that make Smart TVs either develop their own OS or license an OS like Android TV, WebOS or Roku. If it's a fixed, internally developed OS, then it's quite possible that, like my Blu-ray player, it just doesn't have the option of adding new apps.

If it's a more open ended OS, then it's a combination of the content provider developing a compatible app and, at least with Roku, entering into a some kind of business agreement to carry the app. As countless others have already pointed out, with Roku and Amazon, there are financial issues that WarnerMedia and Comcast have yet to work out with Roku and Amazon. 

This is why, as a short term work around, I'm using a Chromecast to supplement the built-in Roku platform as a way of accessing HBO Max and Peacock until license agreements can be finalized. It's a little cumbersome, but worth it to me for the additional content those two services offer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Both HBO MAX and Peacock work on XBOX One.  For the 3 shows on Peacock and HBO that I need to see I hit my big TV hooked up with XBOX.  Every other TV is ROKU all the way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Premier league moved to Peacock?

Jump to solution

Premier league no longer on NBCSports app as has been moved to Peacock. Why isn’t Peacock available if NBCSports was? When can we expect change? Do I need to find a new device? I have 6 Roku Tvs

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Peacock TV maybe coming out with their own device and if that’s the case - of course - they’re not going to make it available on Roku nor Fire. 

If you’ll  notice that’s what Disney has done. They’ve got their own channel with a SUBSCRIPTION fee and they’re  pulling all of their movies and TV programming off of everybody’s channel except their‘s where you’ll pay a SEPARATE fee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

THERE'S NO QUESTION  ABOUT  IT! WE ALL WANT “PEACOCK TV”!

HTTPS://WWW.PEACOCKTV.COM/

JUST DO! ROKU! MAKE AN APP FOR “PEACOCK TV” RIGHT AWAY!

SINCERELY, WHYHAVEYOUNOTDONEITALREADY!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

They probably won’t listen. I’ve ditched my rokus, and their stock. They’ll never get Peacock because they want you to spend money on Hulu and Netflix. A company that acts like this won’t be around in 10 years.

0 Kudos