Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

My solution was to buy a FireStick, and I couldn't be happier.  I have Peacock now, with a little help from Google finding out how to add it as an app.  Although I have a TCL Roku TV, I was able to figure out how to start up the TV by going to the HDMI Firestick device and even how to start the TV up with a particular app, in my case YouTube TV, which is something I've been begging Roku to allow for months.  Additionally, I found a lighted remote add-on device that works with the Firestick remote, which is also something I've been asking Roku to create for months.

Bye Bye Roku!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

All this unbridled unchanneled massive negativity now directed at each other, not just a spiritless corporation.  How sad.  I am so glad I am way beyond this mess now.  I am almost done now.  Within the next 2 months I will finish my own exodus into my own already well working alternatives. 

I see others are now catching on to the only real solution available to the average user besides giving up on streaming and going back to cable.   Some are more slower at waking up to the new Roku reality. 

Eventually everyone here will wake up and move on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

@klgrube wrote:

Listen, demsd, I don't know who you are, but I'm sick and tired of your trying to abuse and humiliate other members of the Roku community.  I have reported you three times to Roku for abuse.  I have even emailed asking them to remove you from this community, though you'd probably come back with a fake name and continue verbally abusing others.  I'm headed to out right now to buy a new Smart TV or device that doesn't rely on Roku, and I am doing so mainly because they've let you continue here and have done nothing to stop you, and because they don't even have the wherewithal to set up chat support on their support page.  I think both of these situations are pathetic.  My leaving has nothing to do with this stupid nonsense about Peacock.  It's YOU and Roku's lack of decent support.

I am happy to hear I helped you see the light. I, and the other nearly 40 million Roku users who are not complaining about Peacock aren't sorry to see you go. Enjoy the new Smart TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Why no peacocktv channel?

Jump to solution

@drjekel_mrhyde wrote:

I see that TLC is also moving away from them also by selling TCL TVs with Android at Walmart and Bestbuy.

They didn't move away from producing the Roku TVs. The Android TVs are in addition to the Roku TVs.

https://hdguru.com/tcl-adds-line-of-value-hd-android-tvs-as-best-buy-exclusives/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tcl-launches-first-televisions-with-android-tv-in-the-us-30...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Stop extorting money from content providers

Jump to solution

@drjekel_mrhyde wrote:

Comcast and At&t are a duopoly while Roku is not and can be put to death within a year when Google release the Android dongle. TCL and HiSense bail(They are now selling Android models), then it's game over for Roku.

Haters gonna hate.

They didn't move away from producing the Roku TVs. The Android TVs are in addition to the Roku TVs. They are expanding their line.

https://hdguru.com/tcl-adds-line-of-value-hd-android-tvs-as-best-buy-exclusives/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tcl-launches-first-televisions-with-android-tv-in-the-us-30...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

@Iona-D wrote:

I see others are now catching on to the only real solution available to the average user besides giving up on streaming and going back to cable.

No one is going back to pay TV where they'll have to deal with carriage disputes. Pay TV lost over 22 million households over the last 10 years, and by 2023 will have lost an additional 10 million households. Pay TV is dying a slow, horrible death. I am not the only person that can hear the death rattle.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Just another user wanting to try Peacock TV. I chose Roku devices primarily based on reviews in places like Wirecutter.  I'm sure the struggle is over money. I hope they get it worked out because my choices now are going with a Chromecast device or browser-based and cast it to my TV which is too much trouble.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

@jcgc50 wrote:

Just another user wanting to try Peacock TV. I chose Roku devices primarily based on reviews in places like Wirecutter.  I'm sure the struggle is over money. I hope they get it worked out because my choices now are going with a Chromecast device or browser-based and cast it to my TV which is too much trouble.

Personally, I think it's inevitable that HBO Max and Peacock ultimately show up on Roku. The question is, when? 

I agree that casting from a browser is a cumbersome pain in the ass and using a Chromecast isn't much better. Speaking for myself, since my TCL Roku TV is only a couple of years old and I already had an old Chromecast dongle from 5 years ago, I've chosen to use that as a short term bridge solution. Yes, it requires extra steps both to tune into the shows I want to watch and then to pause, fast forward, back up, etc. because I have to use the Google Home app on either my iPad or Android phone, but at least I can access the services I've paid for until Roku, Comcast and WarnerMedia finally work out their differences. 

It's easy enough to say that the next smart TV I get will be powered by Android TV but considering what's happening now with Roku, there's no long term guarantee that these service providers won't hold Android hostage the way they're holding Roku hostage. So we take things a day at a time. 

Meanwhile, it's annoying as **bleep** that Roku has yet to respond to these countless user complaints with at least some kind of status update. Avoiding this discussion is not the way to elicit support from your (formerly) loyal user base Roku. It just adds to our frustration and anger at your lack of response. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

You know that you can view Peacock on Playon and PlayOn will work with ROKU so.....

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Does using Playon require casting from your device to TV?