Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dj_rmp
Level 8

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

I already put chromecast onto a couple, never said I was planning to throw my TV's out but now that I see chromecast is a good option, I certainly won't be buying anymore Roku TV's.  

TOM2516
Level 7

Jump to solution

Very disappointed that I cannot get my sports talk show like Dan Patrick, Mike Florio, and Rich Eisen now on Peacock TV.   May need to switch platform to Apple TV.  I’ll give it another mont or so.  I currently have 3 devices.  

PeacockNOWW
Level 7

Re: Why no peacocktv channel?

Jump to solution

Oh. sadness!!  I see streaming becoming pricier than cable. I think NBC could possibly do better by partnering with SlingTV. Roku - shame on you, for trying to control and limit consumers choices. What built you up can break you down; meaning your customers can become someone else's!

hjmcgregor02
Level 7

Jump to solution

But Peacock, says to contact Roku about not having the app??? and you are saying its Peacock??? 

bknabe
Level 12

Jump to solution

@hjmcgregor02 wrote:

But Peacock, says to contact Roku about not having the app??? and you are saying its Peacock??? 

Of course they are. Do you think they're going to say, "Sorry, we're refusing a deal that's 50% off of what everyone else is paying, so just wait until Roku cracks to enjoy our service."

jacklaridian
Level 8

Jump to solution

So, Roku is saying to contact Peacock and Peacock is saying to contact Roku?? Why do I feel like the confused kid at the Thanksgiving table sitting there while his parents fight? Can you guys just figure this out? The consumers are the only victims and we're powerless to stop it.

demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@jacklaridian wrote:

So, Roku is saying to contact Peacock and Peacock is saying to contact Roku?? Why do I feel like the confused kid at the Thanksgiving table sitting there while his parents fight? Can you guys just figure this out? The consumers are the only victims and we're powerless to stop it.

NBCUniversal Television and Streaming is doing the same thing it does when it's trying to strong arm the cable, satellite and streaming platforms into paying higher carriage/retransmission fees to broadcast any of it's channels. They run an ad telling the viewer it's all the providers fault, and to harass their cable/satellite/streaming provider, when in fact, it's all the fault of NBCUniversal Television and Streaming for trying to make up for their ad revenue shortfalls by placing more emphasis on the fees paid by cable, satellite, and streaming platforms. It's disconcerting that so many can't see that, but even more so when all some people can think about is getting what they want.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
JAG-123
Level 7

Re: Stop extorting money from content providers

Jump to solution

I bought my Roku’s So if I want to load software from Peacock or HBO that’s my choice.  What Roku is doing is saying you buy the device and Roku only allows software from companies that pay them a kickback.  They are fricken mobsters!!!!  

@demsd wrote:

@JAG-123 wrote:

HBO max and Peacock are blocked by Roku until they pay Roku a monthly bribe which they call “revenue sharing”. The reason we cord cut is to stop paying insane rates to cable companies.  Roku has changed sides.  Instead of being the solution they became the problem.  Extorting money from content providers is really extorting money from consumers because prices go up so Roku can get their bribe money.  Stop acting like mobsters and allow the providers to release their apps.

Apparently, @JAG-123 works for free. Or perhaps doesn't work at all. It would explain why he calls making money "Extorting money." Sad.

0 Kudos
jacklaridian
Level 8

Jump to solution

Oh, maybe you misunderstood. I DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care who's strong-arming who and who's actually to blame. They fight this out behind the scenes and the only victims here are the consumers. I know how these negotiations work (better than most, I think) and I don't CARE!! This statement: "It's disconcerting that so many can't see that, but even more so when all some people can think about is getting what they want." leads me to think you believe we're all supposed to accept that they can't come to an agreement and that's not acceptable. We have other options (like AppleTV) and if they can't straighten this out, they are going to lose a lot of customers.

0 Kudos
cfwarrior
Level 8

Re: Please add Peacock

Jump to solution

I keep seeing ads for Peacock. I have "cut the cord" and use Roku exclusively, but Peacock still is not an option. When can I get Peacock?