Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gregd7
Level 7

Please add Peacock

Jump to solution

Please add NBC Peacock to Roku.

onlyjesus
Level 7

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

Any updates on how negotiations are going?

0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Re: Stop extorting money from content providers

Jump to solution

@JAG-123 wrote:

HBO max and Peacock are blocked by Roku until they pay Roku a monthly bribe which they call “revenue sharing”. The reason we cord cut is to stop paying insane rates to cable companies.  Roku has changed sides.  Instead of being the solution they became the problem.  Extorting money from content providers is really extorting money from consumers because prices go up so Roku can get their bribe money.  Stop acting like mobsters and allow the providers to release their apps.

Apparently, @JAG-123 works for free. Or perhaps doesn't work at all. It would explain why he calls making money "Extorting money." Sad.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Re: Why no peacocktv channel?

Jump to solution

@Anonymous wrote:

@andyross wrote:

Look through the multiple other threads about this. It's all about viewer data, ad sharing, and $$$.

Well, if that's true, maybe everyone should go to settings/privacy/advertising/ to limit ad tracking and to reset your identifier. I did that a long time ago and have never seen a local ad since. At least I'm not being targeted.

Resetting the ID is the same as deleting a browser cookie, @Anonymous. All you are doing is removing any of the targeted data that has been accumulated and assigned to that Advertising ID up to that point. Once reset, the collection starts anew. Regardless, you are still going to see ads.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@Owner12345 wrote:

Roku promised me, sold me on their product and ads, even talked on Wall Street about they were going to be the streaming king. The place for all channels. Now, just a couple years later you are missing Peacock and HBO Max? I think there is a class action suit here, you are liars.

Roku never promised, nor does it owe you anything, @Owner12345. You're free to use one of the other devices that only make up 30% of the streaming market.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@Kdogis1 wrote:

If ROKU continues to fail it's customers by not adding new streaming channels, such as HBO Max and Peacock Streaming, etc... I will seriously reevaluate using ROKU. I cannot justify using a service that fails to provide content that myself (as a consumer) wants. Hopefully, ROKU will review it's policey on adding channels or provide a reason as to why it doesn't. ROKU and it's shareholders need to remember that they are just a format that provides easier access to streaming channels and there is nothing on ROKU that is exclusive content.

Speak for yourself, @Kdogis1. Roku isn't failing anyone. You are of no interest to NBCUniversal. They want the data, and they want to control it too. If this was about getting eyes on their content, they'd be on Roku & Amazon Fire. No. This is about making money off the end user of these devices without having to pay any of us for it. They want it for free, and then they want to charge you a fee to look at their cr@p. You're complaint is with NBCUniversal.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@JAGUARDOG wrote:

You have not said anything that we don't already know.  Why stick your BIG FAT Nose in the discussion if you have nothing new to add?  NOW the real question is when is someone with some power at ROKU going to add there 2 cents worth?  Does ROKU even care about us subscribers I think not from their silence!  The BIG WIGS at ROKU are all cowards and have no back bone, open your mouths and give us some good information about the PEACOCK network.  No they won't say a word they are very happy cashing there paychecks and could give a DAM about the community.

What's for certain is NBCUniversal doesn't care about you subscribers. It took your money, not Roku. You're crying in the wrong place to the wrong company.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@37mediagroup wrote:

Concast's entire stance against Roku's 70/30 split is complete hypocrisy (Essentially, Roku requires 30% of ad breaks from channels).  For 20+ years they and other cable giants were alotted ad inventory time from all the cable channels, something like 4 commercials per hour. And they didn't just sell ads and revenue from small local restaurants etc. Many were sold to large regional chains or franchise regional associations (McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts), large banks, Mazda/Toyota etc that rivaled ads you'd see during local news. Except, Comcast didn't have to produce local news, or pay talent. They just got free ads. During top tier programming like Monday Night Football, Baseball playoffs, The Walking Dead etc, they made good money from the ads sold.

THIS WAS ALL WHILE ALSO CHARGING CUSTOMERS A MONTHLY FEE AND RENTING THEM THE CABLE BOX!!

Roku, reimagined the streaming & OTT space by not charging customers a monthly fee for anything, just a $30 device similar to a DVD player. But suddenly Concast comes over years late with their tails between their legs with demands of not sharing their ad inventory space.

Not to many of us here see it the way you [and I] do, @37mediagroup. It's like you said, we don't pay Roku anything to use the devices. Pay once, and done.

None of the other channels that share 30% of ad revenue are complaining about it. Fact is, NBCUniversal is greedy. They want all that cake. I keep saying that if NBCUniversal [and HBO] wanted my eyes on their content, they'd be on Roku.

I don't care if Peacock TV ever makes it's way onto Roku. There is plenty of ad supported content on Roku to keep my attention. One thing is for certain. I'll not buy another device to be able to watch Peacock TV. So, if they want my eyeballs, they'll launch their app.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Re: Peacock TV

Jump to solution

@Loribella wrote:

If there's no Peacock channel on Roku, then why did it show up to add when I searched for it on my Roku and then give me an option to pay $0.99/mo, $7.99/yr or $9.99 Lifetime? I bought the lifetime thinking the shows to watch would show up afterward but still no shows to watch.

How can you charge someone for a channel with no shows? Huh?

I contacted support to get my money back and I'd better get it or I will cancel my account and all of my subscriptions. I highly doubt that Roku doesn't know it's charging for a channel it says it doesn't even have and a channel with nothing to watch. This is just dishonest.

You didn't subscribe to Peacock TV, @Loribella. It does not have any 0.99/mo, $7.99/yr or $9.99 Lifetime plans. I'm willing to be what you paid for is that Peacock screensaver.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Re: Why no peacocktv channel?

Jump to solution

@mikec193 wrote:

I am very disappointed at the failure of ROKU to make these services available on my devices.  I will be replacing my ROKU devices and will not purchase any more ROKU devices.

Bye Bye, @mikec193.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos