Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karebr13
Level 7

When is Peacock TV going to be available to watch on Roku

Jump to solution

I was wondering if Peacock TV is going to be available to watch on Roku sometime in the near future.

i12r0k_u
Level 7

Re: When is Peacock TV going to be available to watch on Roku

Jump to solution

Good question! I was wondering that myself. 

Iona-D
Level 14

Re: When is Peacock TV going to be available to watch on Roku

Jump to solution

Possible Time Frame discussed here:

News Speculation Flash! We Just MIGHT Get HBO Max And Peacock TV Soon! https://community.roku.com/t5/Community-Discussions/News-Speculation-Flash-We-Just-MIGHT-Get-HBO-Max...

0 Kudos
DWinks49
Level 8

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

I do believe that it is the responsibility of NBC to provide the app software, not Roku.

There might be other financial reasons for this that I am unaware of but the technical reasons fall on the shoulders of NBC. Frankly, I'm not sure why they wouldn't write apps that will get them the broadest distribution but likely the reasons are financial. They may be looking for more favorable licensing for an app to run on Roku.

Addendum OK... here is one explanation of what is going on https://www.vulture.com/2020/07/why-peacock-isnt-on-roku.html.

0 Kudos
Tally1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Consider the Apple TV 4K box enjoy Peacock and HBO and use your old TV

0 Kudos
DWinks49
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks. I was simply responding to the general commentary about roku and Peacock. It really makes no logical sense for NBC/Universal not to create an app for roku, or fireTv for that matter, if they are looking for the largest streaming audience.

As far as getting PeacockTv, it is supported on my LG WebOS TV just fine. I'm invested in roku for widest variety of streaming options.

klgrube
Level 9

Jump to solution

NO!  Roku just needs to make Peacock available to its customers NOW!  Just get this done, Roku!  This is absurd.  Your customers are clearly VERY unhappy about this.  FIX IT NOW!!!

Mattburr26
Level 7

Re: Why no peacocktv channel?

Jump to solution

I paid good money for the Roku box n now we can't get peacock on top of no HBO Max. That p's me off ! They need to do what's right for thier customer's/me 🤷 

PLEASE ADD PEACOCK !!!!!!

0 Kudos
MiltonB
Level 7

Jump to solution

Shameful, poor, disappointing

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Level 14

Jump to solution

I am holding my breath.......  Actually, temper tantrums will not stop the impasse.  Remember your place in the Roku hierarchy.  You have no place-or voice- at all.

You simply are experiencing  the results of your own decision of purchasing Roku devices.  It is full of hidden and unexpected pitfalls for the innocent and too trusting.  Nothing is guaranteed.

0 Kudos