Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

That has absolutely nothing to do with it. It’s all over advertising money. You can find multiple articles on it. lol 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I agree 100%. Thinking I will just stay in the iOS world and get an Apple TV. They have everything I want including PeacockTV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sorry, I did not buy a television from Peacock.  I bought it from TCL who chose Roku as their service provider.  Don't go trying to blame NBC Universal for not putting their content on my device:  They don't control the device.  I paid YOU for service when I bought the TV.  Of course, I also have a Fire Stick, I can plug it into your TV and bypass Roku at need.  Is that what you want?  It isn't what I want but rest assured, I can do it easily.  Gives me options.  Kind of feels like freedom, no?

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I agree.  I like the idea of a Fire Stick, except it requires yet another power cord and plug, not like the Roku streaming sticks that can use the TV's USB port for power.  I asked Amazon if they would consider doing that in the future.  We'll see.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Why no peacocktv channel?

Jump to solution

Obviously, based on this thread alone there is a demand for Roku and Peacock to work our whatever differences they have.  I am giving serious consideration to dropping Roku as my streaming service due to this issue.  Very, very frustrated over this impasse.  Is it so hard to want to take our money?  

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The impasse is that Roku wants some of Peacock's money.  That's reasonable for passing on the service, as it would use Roku's servers, IP, etc.  My problem is I didn't buy my TV from Peacock.  It's up to Roku to provide the products, services, etc. to support the TCL TV.  So somewhere in the great daisy chain that streaming TV has become, very nearly as bad as cable was 30 years ago, I want to watch Brave New World and can't because my TV's service provider and the content provider can't come to an agreement.  But this I can promise you:  My next TV won't use Roku as a service provider.  Let them scramble for access to my Google TV, or whatever provider I choose.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Roku has about 1 month to figure this out or I will be dropping them and never coming back.   Everyone on this thread has a decent amount of investment in Roku products (be it TVs, sticks, etc.) that is about to be wasted money if Roku and Peacock cannot come to an agreement.   Sickens me that we have gotten to the point with steaming that we used to be stuck with while we had cable.  

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Slappyslapop wrote:

Roku has about 1 month to figure this out or I will be dropping them and never coming back.   Everyone on this thread has a decent amount of investment in Roku products (be it TVs, sticks, etc.) that is about to be wasted money if Roku and Peacock cannot come to an agreement.   Sickens me that we have gotten to the point with steaming that we used to be stuck with while we had cable.  

I feel that my roku devices have more than paid for themselves since ditching cable 5 years ago.  I don't expect them to be all things to all people.   Maybe I am missing something about Peacock tv but the few times I accessed their "free tv" they were mainly offering a few credits with which you could access a few free episodes of programming.  They then had various paid tiers you could pay for each month.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

That's interesting since searching the Roku blog for "peacock" yields no results. What gives?

0 Kudos