Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Why no peacocktv channel?

Jump to solution

When will roku have the peacocktv channel available as it is available on other platforms?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Why no peacocktv channel?

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

If you didn't already know Roku now has Peacock available to stream!

You can see the most recent blog on our Support page here: https://blog.roku.com/peacock

I will be closing out this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
381 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

When will ROKU get Peacock tv? It's not cool when you have to spend a lot of money on other devices just to get that certain app!

Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Peacock Tv

Jump to solution

@Inthemiddle wrote:

When will ROKU get Peacock tv? It's not cool when you have to spend a lot of money on other devices just to get that certain app!

When will CBS NBC (brain fart, sorry) make Peacock TV available on ROKU? It's not cool when you create a new channel and don't make it available on the most popular streaming device. (Not available on Amazon Fire, the second most popular either -- what does that tell you?)

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, my recommendation would be to consider getting rid of Roku. 

This has happened on both of the big launches of 2020, and in addition to the concern of if either HBOMax or Peacock will ever come to Roku, is the future concern of additional apps or services having the same support issues. 

At this point, I think it is fair to expect these situations to continue going forward. I will be sunsetting all Roku devices in my house, even though I love them, because it has become evident that Roku no longer supports the best interests of their customers. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@akbennyewu wrote:

Unfortunately, my recommendation would be to consider getting rid of Roku. 

This has happened on both of the big launches of 2020, and in addition to the concern of if either HBOMax or Peacock will ever come to Roku, is the future concern of additional apps or services having the same support issues. 

At this point, I think it is fair to expect these situations to continue going forward. I will be sunsetting all Roku devices in my house, even though I love them, because it has become evident that Roku no longer supports the best interests of their customers. 

It's sad, but I am going to have to the same. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have belling friends and family that they should switch to roku and roku tv's because Roku always has the apps and update all the time.

I am very unhappy I paid for a year of peacock and now I can't watch it as I have all roku tv's . Same goes for my HBO Max, my HBO go is leaving at the end of the month.

I am seriously thinking of getting rid of them and going with something else.

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

I'm not getting rid of the four Rokus I have but I'll never buy one again after this. I also have to remember to cancel my Roku billed Hulu and buy it directly from them.

I have Comcast internet so I just ordered a free Flex box so we can watch Peacock Premium. If you have Xfinity internet, that's the easiest way to get Peacock. 

Highlighted
Level 7

I cannot find the Peacock TV on my ROKU. Are you not going to carry it?

Jump to solution

I have paid for the Peacock channel  and I have it now on my computer, but cannot find it on my ROKU player. Are you not going to carry it? 

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: I cannot find the Peacock TV on my ROKU. Are you not going to carry it?

Jump to solution

Seems like Roku is holding it hostage until they get their payoff, same as they are with HBO Max. 

We thought we bought a product, but instead it turns out they are selling us as the product. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Agreed! Great opportunity to upgrade the gaming console where I can also play ALL streaming apps. Bye Roku!