Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Why no Amazon or Disney on Roku Premiere?

I just got a Roku Premiere. I love it. But I thought that Amazon Prime Video and Disney would be available. they are not listed on the channel lists.

When I try to add them via channelstore.roku.com I see a message "We're sorry. This channel is not available in your region."

I am in the USA.

One detail: The Roku device is on my home network and  using my ISP connection directly without any VPN or proxies. So there should be no content filtering. BUT: when I did the device activation I was using my work computer and the VPN was activated. All traffic was tunneled through the VPN and looking like it was coming from Europe.  Did that mess things up?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Why no Amazon or Disney on Roku Premiere?

I think Roku is touchy about VPN's.

I'd reopen another account at home on the same IP.

That probably IS the reason.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos