Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ike1947
Level 8

Why is the Outer Limits Season 1 penultimate episode ("Birthright") missing?

I've just completed watching the first season of The Outer Limits (the 1990's series), but the penultimate episode ("Birthright") is missing. On the episode list, Season One skips from E20 to E22. I didn't even notice it was missing until bits of it appeared in the final episode (a 'clip show'). I found the episode name from other lists of the season Episodes (wikipedia, Amazon). Is there any way to see the episode Birthright? Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why is the Outer Limits Season 1 penultimate episode ("Birthright") missing?

@Ike1947-

On which channel are you watching Outer Limits?                                  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Ike1947
Level 8

Re: Why is the Outer Limits Season 1 penultimate episode ("Birthright") missing?

I'm not sure what you mean by a 'channel'. I have a Roku stick plugged into my TV, and watch it on hdmi2 on that TV. I then simply go to "The Roku Channel". Is that what you're asking? Sorry if I'm not answering your question.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Ike1947 

You'll probably need @RokuDanny-R or @RokuKariza-D to step in.

Total speculation here, but part of the problem may be that the first season of The Outer Limits (1995) actually had 21 episodes. Sandkings was a two-hour premiere when it was first broadcast on Showtime. That made the first season 21 episodes, containing 22 hours of content. Sandkings was divided into two episodes for later showings and video release, much as Star Trek: The Next Generation premiere Encounter at Farpoint was done.

I'm wondering if that apparent discrepancy may have confused someone involved in setting up the episodes for streaming. Again, just speculating. Or, this could have nothing to do with it. I mention it in case it does matter when Roku starts research into the issue.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
Ike1947
Level 8

Thank you for your comments. It will be interesting to see if anyone has a full explanation--and a solution. Smiley Happy

I had noticed the episode numbering discrepancy on Roku caused by the first episode. But I'm hoping that because Roku lists the last two available episodes of Season 1 as E20 and E22, that they'll be able to find 'their' E21.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hey @Ike1947

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your concern to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once we got an update, we'll post it in this thread. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator