Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reebee
Channel Surfer

Re: Why is the HBO Max app suddenly not working? *** THIS THREAD HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED! ***

Jump to solution

Kudos are premature. I have updated the HBO Max app and I am still getting the three spinning balls followed by an error message. Please don't stop working on this until it is solved for everyone. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Dollsiren
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is the HBO Max app suddenly not working? *** THIS THREAD HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED! ***

Jump to solution

@reebee same

0 Kudos
Vermonter

Jump to solution

The new update works!! Thank you!

0 Kudos
smorgasbord
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Running HBO Max version 52.5 build 18.

It does NOT work. It puts up the HBOMax purple screen, then goes to a black screen with 3 circuling dots on the bottom, then it takes me back to the HOME screen.

Roku Express. Did a System Update on that. Rebooted. Removed HBO Max. Rebooted. Reinstalled HBO Max. No luck.

Just a different failure than before.

kh1234
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am so frustrated. When I click on a show I see 3 balls like its loading up then just flips back to original screen again. On an endless loop. Deleting and re-adding does not help. Nothing helps. I had zero problems with the old HBO on Roku. HBO Max just plain won't work on any tv in the house. About to cancel the channel altogether.

0 Kudos
Syellow

Jump to solution

It still does not play. It loads and kick you out right back to the roku homepage

0 Kudos
reebee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Clearly the new HBO Max update did not solve the problem. What, exactly, is Roku doing to fix this?

0 Kudos
wwarren

Re: Why is the HBO Max app suddenly not working? Can't play programs on my Roku device

Jump to solution

My HBO Max channel quit working yesterday on a Roku stick+ with the spinning dots and return to the Roku Home Screen problem. Manual updates of the channel did not solve the problem.

M1000 (x3)
Firefly svn-1586 running on
WD Mybook World Edition II NAS
(http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/MyBo ... on_Install)
0 Kudos
hmarcuse
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is the HBO Max app suddenly not working? Can't play programs on my Roku device

Jump to solution

I reported that HBO Max wasn't working on our TCL Roku TV about 2 weeks ago. I solved the problem by using an old 3500x Roku stick in that TV's HDMI port. We just did the manual update of the Roku system, as suggested on this thread. At least last night it worked. I'm still a little skeptical, so I'm leaving the stick in for now as a backup and will sign in again if it stops working.

0 Kudos
scottandreggina
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku claims it's an HBO Max issue and has nothing to do with their equipment. As you can tell, this thread proves their viewpoint to be completely wrong.

Your best bet is to simply go with another streaming platform, like Apple TV or Amazon Fire Stick. It sucks, and you shouldn't have to, but in lieu of Roku not being able to isolate this problem amongst multiple apps, it's probably your only choice.

0 Kudos