Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dollsiren
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is the HBO Max app suddenly not working? Can't play programs on my Roku device

Jump to solution

Yes I rebooted the Roku before installing again and it’s still not working.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why is the HBO Max app suddenly not working? Can't play programs on my Roku device

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing.

Our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have a further resolution soon.

In the meantime, we would recommend trying to check for a system update by going to Settings > System > System update. Then once your device has been updated, kindly try to load the channel if that resolves the issue.

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
scottandreggina
Roku Guru

Re: Why is the HBO Max app suddenly not working? *** THIS THREAD HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED! ***

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing.

Our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have a further resolution soon.

In the meantime, we would recommend trying to check for a system update by going to Settings > System > System update. Then once your device has been updated, kindly try to load the channel if that resolves the issue.

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

@RokuMary-F,

Why is this thread marked by one of your moderators as having a solution when there currently is none?

I think it's appropriate for Roku to remove that false and misleading tag.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
reebee
Channel Surfer

Re: Why is the HBO Max app suddenly not working? *** THIS THREAD HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED! ***

Jump to solution

Why are you referring to a "further solution" to this problem. There is no resolution so far. A system update does nothing to solve the problem. Please stop wasting your customer's time with these silly interventions and find a real solution. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while the channel provider investigated the issue further. We believe the issue is now resolved. We would recommend checking for a manual system update that will check for a channel update.

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your Roku

Once the HBO Max channel has been updated, try checking to see if the issue still occurs.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
scottandreggina
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R, why are you marking this as a solution when no one has even posted their results?

0 Kudos
noted1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you Danny and note to all of you who have suffered along with me: IT WORKS! IT WORKS! IT WORKS! 

Handstands and woohooing!

My Roku need not need updating, but I updated the HBO Max app. No spinning dots, right to the password login for my HBO Max account and the app opened and works fine!

Joyfully,

Noted1

0 Kudos
kh1234
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Suddenly for no apparent reason HBO Max worked tonight on the downstairs Roku when it hasn't worked in weeks. Yay! I went upstairs to watch another episode of my new show before bed and it will not work on this newer Roku. What the **bleep**. So frustrated. 😞

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

HBO released a new version today. In your case, one device might have updated itself while the other has not yet hit it's scheduled update time. The boxes do it randomly on their own. Do a manual update and see if the new version installs. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Kysh

Jump to solution

I am in Florida. Some shows are playing-strangely enough- while other new episodes are not. I tried Raised by Wolves and Peacemaker and they did not load. But, I am watching Nightmare Alley. 

0 Kudos