Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reebee
Channel Surfer

Re: HBO Max programs suddenly won’t play

Jump to solution

Danny your solution doesn'twork

0 Kudos
reebee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When is HBO releasing a new channel version which will have a fix for this issue

0 Kudos
scottandreggina
Roku Guru

Re: HBO Max programs suddenly won’t play *** THIS THREAD HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED! ***

Jump to solution

@reebee wrote:

When is HBO releasing a new channel version which will have a fix for this issue

The reason we aren't getting a new HBO Max app is because it's Roku, not HBO Max. 

This problem is affecting multiple apps, not just HBO Max. Do a search on the Roku forum and you'll see many threads concerning this widespread and long reaching issue. Been going on since October. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your continued patience.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is working hard investigating this issue that is affecting HBO Max playback on some devices.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
scottandreggina
Roku Guru

Re: HBO Max programs suddenly won’t play *** THIS THREAD HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED! ***

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your continued patience.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is working hard investigating this issue that is affecting HBO Max playback on some devices.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi, Danny,

For those who are new to this specific thread and think the problem is just with HBO Max, can you please explain that there are other apps and games not working on various Roku devices? 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Dollsiren
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is the HBO Max app suddenly not working? Can't play programs on my Roku device

Jump to solution

I have uninstalled and re installed the HBO max app . I have signed out my Roku device from my HBO max account . I have restarted my Roku device and to no avail…

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why is the HBO Max app suddenly not working? Can't play programs on my Roku device

Jump to solution

@Dollsiren wrote:

I have uninstalled and re installed the HBO max app

Just to make sure: when you uninstalled the channel, did you reboot the Roku before adding it back? This is a critical step.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
reebee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes I uninstalled the channel, then rebooted the roku, then add the channel back. Still getting the same error message.

0 Kudos
MikeMac7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

ROKU needs to fix this. Deleting the app, adding it back, rebooting, not rebooting, standing on one foot while facing north - the vast majority of people on this site have tried it all, to no avail. Fix it, ROKU.

scottandreggina
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@MikeMac7 wrote:

...standing on one foot while facing north...

LOL! That's officially my favorite post throughout this entire thread. 

In all seriousness, though, everyone knows that one would need to face South, not North. No need to put out shoddy troubleshooting tips. People might start thinking you work for Roku.