Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
talos72
Reel Rookie

Re: HBO Max programs suddenly won’t play

Jump to solution

This is a chronic problem, not being able to play shows. Reinstall only fixes it temporarily but the problem pops up again. 

0 Kudos
scottandreggina
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

It's not as simple as the Roku, but then nothing else is. 

I have to disagree there. Apple TV's interface blows Roku out of the water. Also, Amazon completely redesigned their Fire Stick interface about six months ago, and even though the old one was on par with Roku's, this new one is much more intuitive and customizable. 

0 Kudos
MomofBoyz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It’s not in a free trial I have HBO on our Ruko through my Comcast account so I really don’t think I can change my password. Do you have any other recommendations for those paying for the app? I can get the app to open but over 1/2 the movies won’t play… I can do so on my phone and through Comcast as the link but not using Ruko. 
thank you 

most Sincerely, 

maureen aka MomofBoyz

0 Kudos
MomofBoyz
Channel Surfer

Re: Why is the HBO Max app suddenly not working? Can't play programs on my Roku device

Jump to solution

Did you ever get a solution that worked or were you on the 30 day trial and not paying to HBO?? 

0 Kudos
noted1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

As of today, Roku has acknowledged the failure of all suggested fix protocols and escalated my problem to the engineering team.

MikeMac7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That’s great, but they have a very general problem here and they are only fixing it for individuals and then I not rarely.

0 Kudos
noted1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

i will keep reporting back, just in case they fix my case, and in a way that I can share.

GandM
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

HBO Max won't open at all for me. I have a Roku Express that I just bought a few days ago. I get the error message "Unable to communicate with service" and it suggests checking network equipment. But HBO Max is the only app that says this. Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, and Disney+ all open fine and play well. I have tried uninstalling, restarting, and reinstalling. 

Model: 3930RW

Software Version: 10.5.0 • build 4208-AE

Uptime 6 minutes (just restarted after reinstall)

This is pretty annoying, as I got the Roku so I wouldn't have to watch on my laptop.

0 Kudos
noted1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi GandM,

how are you dealing with this?

0 Kudos
GandM
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution