Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO Max programs suddenly won’t play

Jump to solution

@Szymonik wrote:

With due respect, what you're claiming is not true. HBO Max is having issues on Roku.

This is a >>ROKU PROBLEM<<, not HBO Max.

I bought an Apple 4K Stick and guess what?

NO PROBLEM loading HBO Max.

And I've been watching HBO Max for the past few days for hours on end on my Ultra 4800, but on my more expensive Nvidia Shield I can't even select something to watch, because it freezes the player. 

Comparing specific app functionality between platforms is meaningless. They aren't the same program, even though they make them look the same. Different programming language, different CPU, different hardware. Most likely aren't even programmed by the same people/office. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Bunter1031
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This solution along with other ones have all been tried and HBOmax still will not play movies. I can watch trailers...guess I'll cancel my subscription as it's suddenly useless on roku. ☹

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Szymonik,

Thanks for the post and we're sorry to hear about this wasn't a smooth resolution.

I have checked you're existing support ticket and we'll have a member of our Support team follow up on this case. Rest assured that we'll send you an update via email once we have it.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and we are working on ways to better improve this process.

Regards,
Mary

dsprott94

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same thing as this with the HBO Max app. 

Additionally, my HULU app won't even open any more. I've tried uninstalling all my apps, restarting my device, and reinstalling my apps. I cannot watch content on HBO Max, Hulu, Amazon Prime, or Disney Plus. 

Netflix is still working well. 

CHA413

Jump to solution

We have been having the same issue, i have tried checking for updates and removing the channel and reinstalling it. nothing seems to be making it work. This issue has been with our tcl roku tv and our roku streaming stick. Its frustrating to pay for a subscription that we can no longer access, debating on cancelling the subscription if this issue doesn't get resolved soon.

Jacinpa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've been having the same issue. I just took advantage of the free 30 day trial offer. I subscribed and tried to access. It does not load; and goes back to the main screen on my Roku tv. I tried the steps mentioned. It still will not load. 

rimuggle
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Are you trying to e offensive?

How much more explicit can we be than to repeatedly say that when we click play it just brings us back to the HBO max start screen ?!?!?!??!?!

Szymonik
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

Thank you Mary, I've noted that the technology news media has started reporting this issue has a known issue and problem with Roku's latest OS release. 

Thank you

Peter

Jacinpa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did the exact same steps of resetting the system and restarting on my element Roku 4K tv. Same issue. 

0 Kudos
Tabitna

Jump to solution

Model 3910x streaming stick

version 10.50.

issue: open HBOMax select a movie click play. It does not play movie it sends me back to HBOMax homes screen. I have tried every single suggestion in this thread DO NOT TELL ME TO UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL AGAIN! Due to your programming issues I am unable to utilize a pay to play application therefor your company is costing me money daily. It’s obviously an issue for a large amount of people. What is the status of a fix and how long os it expected to take. As other post stated you obviously have not completed a roll back of the last update. My suggestion is roll back that release and maybe get a better QA testing process! 

0 Kudos