Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WillViharo
Channel Surfer

Re: HBO Max programs suddenly won’t play

Jump to solution

The "support techs" need to stop telling us to do things we've already done multiple times. The usual solutions are not working. The problem is on Roku's end, not ours. Since yesterday I can't stream anything on HBO Max, Disney, Hulu, Prime, Paramount and the rest are very slow. I keep getting errors about network connections. One is error code 42. I've rebooted router and both Ultra devices, tried wired and wireless, reinstalled apps, checked software updates and internet speed, checked internet connection, etc etc etc. I wanted to spend my weekend watching shows and relaxing, not trying to fix Roku's issues which are preventing me from streaming channels I'm paying for on their platform for which they get a cut. =

FIX IT. Or I'm getting Apple TV or one of the other ones. This is really poor service, I'm sorry. 

Dpd145
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have same issue tried all the steps that you continually repeat. This all started after the latest Roku update. Why is that so hard  for the people at Roku to understand

WillViharo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for confirming. I already reported these issues directly to HBO and Hulu and they were much more responsive but it's obviously not their problem. Roku needs to take responsibility and service their customers or lose them fast. I don't have time or patience for this. I'm paying for a service I'm not receiving after doing everything on my end to correct it There's no good excuse for that.

WillViharo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here. It's them, not us

WillViharo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Didn't work for me either. This is quite obviously a widespread software problem they're not addressing for whatever reason 

0 Kudos
WillViharo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I won't give them that long. Already looking into other platforms that actually work. This is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
WillViharo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

They keep giving the same pat responses as if these are individual issues. This is a major network problem only they can fix for some reason they refuse to admit that. I am looking into other platforms so I can start watching the channels I'm still paying for

0 Kudos
WillViharo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We've all done all this, multiple times. They don't work. The problem is obviously not with your customers, but with your service. Your software updates are most likely to blame. There's no other reasonable explanation at this point since it's across multiple apps from multiple customers whose internet works just fine. Not understanding why you're in denial of this. All systems get bugs. That's a technical issue, If you won't fix them, then it becomes a customer service issue. I've lost patience with this. Wasted my weekend on live chat with Roku, HBO and Hulu. My internet connection is fine. The network error is on your end. Deal with it, please. 

MsMariaG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

None of these steps are resolving the issues. I have checked in with every single app service that is not launching. It is not an issue on there end. This is CLEARLY a Roku issue. 

Please address this soon because many of your customers are paying for services we cannot access and will have to go another route for streaming. 

0 Kudos
scottandreggina
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

None of the steps outlined by these Roku moderators work. I'm not sure why no one from Roku is taking this problem seriously, but we're now switching to our Amazon Fire Stick, which has all of these apps on it - and working.

We'll come back to Roku in a couple of months to see if things have gotten taken care of.  Too bad their advertisers will be missing us during the holiday season.