Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zeKanucke
Level 7

Why is no CBS GEM Streaming app on Roku?

While I do like the idea of using the Roku TV only for streaming, I am trying to see if there is any possibility to get CBC GEM on Roku.

I do not want to use the "Screen mirroring" (drains the tablet/phone way too fast), I do not like it and if I would do that why would I need a SmartTV when I can use my device and mirror the content?

Anybody has an idea how to add CBC Gem to Roku?

Note, the existing CBC Roku app is not the one you can find on Internet, Android, Apple ...

6 REPLIES 6\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why is no CBC GEM Streaming app on Roku?

You need to contact CBC and ask for one. Roku does not create channels for 3rd party providers. CBC would have sole control over what content they make available on any app developed for a Roku device. Since I'm not in Canada, I can't see if there's a channel available from them. I only see channels available in the US. The only two channels with CBC in the name that I see are faith based organizations. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
rob-bob-dave
Level 8

Re: Why is no CBS GEM Streaming app on Roku?

It will probably take many people complaining loudly. I am with you. My wife is in long term care and she would be extremely happy to be able to get CBC Gem on her brand new smart tv. If only for Heartland.

rob-bob-dave
Level 8

You too can send a request for gem to be available to:

https://support.cbcare.com/

Please forward this to all your friends.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

So HAVE you complained to CBC?  They are the only ones who can do what you want.

See this on the CBC site:https://cbchelp.cbc.ca/hc/en-ca/articles/360016269794-What-devices-are-supported-on-CBC-Gem-#h_01EGG...

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@rob-bob-dave 

If only needing Heartland, the Roku Channel is currently streaming seasons 1-13 for free.  It is also available as a LiveTV channel on the Roku Channel 393. (Filmrise Heartland)

Otherwise, need to follow @makaiguy and make contact with the Channel Developer(CBC) directly.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insigna RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@rob-bob-dave 

Roku doesn't build apps. CBC would be the ones to build an app.     

DBDukes

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos