Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Min1

Why is a show removed from the discovery + guide then offered through Roku w/ a 7 day trial?

A show has recently been made unavailable through the Discovery +. When I searched for the show through RoKu, it shows up asking me to sign up for a 7 day trial. I already pay for discovery +. Not sure how to proceed? Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why is a show removed from the discovery + guide then offered through Roku w/ a 7 day trial?

@Min1 

Are you able to launch Discovery+ channel and then search for the show from there (from within Discovery+)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Pap4-2
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is a show removed from the discovery + guide then offered through Roku w/ a 7 day trial?

Hi there. I've discovered the same problem with The Repair Shop. We watched "The Repair Shop" on Friday evening (Aug 19) through Discovery+. On Saturday evening (Aug 20) we could not find this show on Discovery+. Using the voice command I requested "The Repair Shop" and it returned result for Discovery+ on Roku and offered the free trial or purchase a subscription. I already have a Discovery+ subscription but I could not find anywhere to enter those credentials through Roku. 

What's going on Roku? It's like you are expecting existing Discovery+ subscribers to purchase another subscription ?

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

My guess is that the Roku search data is a bit stale.  It seems that this show was removed from Discovery+ very recently.

0 Kudos
Pap4-2
Reel Rookie

I chatted with D+ Rep this afternoon. You are correct. "The Repair Shop was recently removed from Discovery+. I expressed my disappointment. Also, The Discovery+ subscription from discoveryplus.com only permits shows/series on D+. The Discovery+ on the Roku Channel is unique to Roku and would require purchasing the Roku subscription. These streaming providers are becoming as annoying as Cable companies :((

0 Kudos