Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandManX

Re: YouTube Kids

Jump to solution

@Basil wrote:
Roku doesn't run on Android. 

Google owns Android. Android TV is a competitor of Roku that runs on Google's operating system. And YouTube is owned by Google.

So, no, none of what you said.

I highly doubt the powers to be were thinking... we can really get some more money if we hold off on the kids content. Considering that YouTube itself is on the device and that would be driving the content, you can even watch YouTube TV via the regular app on the Roku so I don’t think the above would be accurate. lol

0 Kudos
Hashi

how to adding kids YT youtube

Jump to solution

Hi Dear

i want adding kids YT youtube  how to adding plze

Many Thanks 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: how to adding kids YT youtube

Jump to solution

Roku just provides the platform on which the channel apps written for Roku run.  The channels themselves create their channel apps, provide them to Roku, and maintain them.

Google, who owns YouTube, has not created a version of their YouTube Kids app to run on Roku that I can find.  If you'd like to have a YouTube Kids channel app for Roku, let YouTube know.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

my sister wants to watch youtube kid and she cant because roku does not have it 

0 Kudos
ShaSha88

Jump to solution

I have the youtube kids app on my phone the app has cast feature within it and also download web video caster to cast my roku tv. I hope this help anyone ..so far this works this way 

Robarino

Jump to solution

The whole "Google owns android" argument is a weak one.   Roku has an app that runs on ANY android smartphone or Tablet. Likewise Youtube is available on Roku.  YouTube Kids is just another streaming channel.  All parents want is the channel added to Roku. 

Jarldagr

Jump to solution

So if you are allowed to have an app for youtube even (insert the long explanation about being a competitor to google here) why then would they magically not allow the kids version of same said app. It would seem to me they would not allow you to have either in order to keep an iron grip on their monopoly

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jarldagr,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Channels are developed by each service provider themselves. You'll want to contact Youtube Kids support to see if they have any plans to develop and offer a channel for their service on the Roku platform. 

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sandy198796
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the YouTube Kids app on my Insignia Firetv, but I can’t stand that remote. I can literally operate the Roku remote in the dark. Anyway, I ended up getting YouTube premium, just so there wouldn’t be anymore alcoholic beverage ads (and I’m sick of having 8 or 10 fifteen second un-skippable ads in a 30 minute video). 

0 Kudos
Jessica007

Make Youtube Kids Available

Jump to solution

Dear Roku,

Please add the YouTube Kids app to your selection. My Kids love it and are unable to watch it.

Thank you,

Jessica