Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toddadam

Why is Roku still carrying OAN and Newsmax?

Why is Roku still carrying OAN and Newsmax after Jan. 6? They have been spreading lies and helped to incite the insurrectionists that stormed the Capitol on Jan 6. Why is their hate still allowed to spew forth via Roku?

49 REPLIES 49
jennifpap9
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is Roku still carrying OAN and Newsmax?

They are not the ones spreading lies and hate. If you bother to research anything you will find that out. CNN and MSNBC spewed the Russian hoax for 2 years which has been debunked. Maybe we should get rid of them as well then. Bottom line though, there is something called the First Amendment which mentions free speech and freedom of the press, perhaps you have heard of it? Maybe not.

AbbiNormal
Channel Surfer

Because it provides real news and not liberal tripe. 

jennifpap9
Reel Rookie

are you experiencing problems viewing OAN today? I can't get it, just the screen saying OAN. no news

Zebrahead
Reel Rookie

I agree with you totally toddadam, but you have to understand that Roku is a company out to make money and that is it. There are enough ReTrumplicans out there that will watch OAN and Newsmax that it is worth it for their bottom line to keep those channels. Exhibit A - the two ladies that responded earlier to your post who are still drinking the Trump Koolaid. Be thankful we still have REAL news organizations like CNN and MSNBC to watch! 

jennifpap9
Reel Rookie

How can you say that CNN and MSNBC are honest when they pushed Russian hoax for 2 years and called Portland riots among others "peaceful protests",  ?????You are both hilarious and delusional, but that's okay, I will pray for you!!! FYI, Trump Koolaid is delicious and refreshing, you should try it!!!

AbbiNormal
Channel Surfer

Better the kool-aid than the Obama suppositories. Liberals are always do as I say types who want the First Amendment interpreted such that only liberals have "free speech".  Roku apparently has an understanding of business that the 100,000,000 million or so Trump supporters want real news and not the liberal bs pumped out by CNN, and their ilk. 

Zebrahead
Reel Rookie

CNN & MSNBC are TRUE - REAL news organizations! Just because you don't agree with them doesn't make it so. The conspiracy theory of the "Russian Hoax" is as much based in reality as the Wizard of Oz!!! ALL our intelligence services, current, and former intelligence officials agree that it happened. You just want to stick your head in the sand and pretend that it didn't. Most of the BLM protests last summer were peaceful. Are you going to have a few people trying to destroy stuff and act out on the left and sow chaos, of course, and I don't condone that. It is wrong. However, that is NOTHING compared with what people are doing on the RIGHT, AND CONTINUE TO PLAN AND DO! That Trump Koolaid you claim is so "delicious and refreshing" is actually slowly poisoning you! 

Zebrahead
Reel Rookie

You claim liberals are "do as I say and not as I do" type of people, but the Republicans are the biggest bunch of hypocrites that ever lived! What you claim liberals are doing, Republicans have gotten them beat a 100x over. You shouldn't claim that you know what Roku's business practices are or how they work. CNN might lean more left at times, but it is just a natural response to the rise of Talk radio, FOX, Newsmax, Breitbart, and their "ilk" as you say. I know one thing they are much closer to mainstream America than the ones you like.  

Chappy21
Binge Watcher

Pluto TV has OAN and you can watch it there.