Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GG__
Level 7

Why is Roku providing a channel which streams Info Wars

Roku in January 2019 removed Info Wars channel from its line up after an uproar on Twitter.  However, that channel is still available via Hedex TV.  In my opinion either Hedex TV should remove Infor Wars or Roku should remove Hedex TV.   Alex Jones recently lost by default two cases in TX for the misinformation he has spread.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why is Roku providing a channel which streams Info Wars

@GG__ 

You do realize you don't have to add the app to your device, right? And if someone else adds it, you can remove it, then add a PIN to your account so others using your device can't add it. https://support.roku.com/article/220128567

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
GG__
Level 7

That is good information and I thank you for it but that is not the point of the post. 

Alex Jones does not deserve any platform to spread his misinformation and hate and make money off of it.  Roku already took action in the past against his channel and should do so again to be consistent with its own policies.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@GG__ 

I see your issue now.

Perhaps Roku realized that it is a dangerous precedent to take the action they took earlier. I personally have no use for Alex Jones. I also have no use for anyone telling me or others what to watch or believe.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
GG__
Level 7

Okay.  Thanks for looking into the issue which for me is an important issue which I think Roku should address it in the way they did in January 2019.

0 Kudos
MrBluePlaydoh
Level 9

Here we go cancel culture who wants to remove some thing what others may enjoy! I bet your scared of covid as well! Get a grip don’t like it don’t watch it it’s simple!!

GG__
Level 7

When you try to remove a source of hate and misinformation I do not see that as cancel culture.  When you try to remove someone who profits off chaos that is not cancel culture that is removing a scab from society.  

0 Kudos