Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tpmasonx
Reel Rookie

Why is ROKU making it hard to connect to Conservative news and commentary stations?

I am finding it more and more difficult to connect to Conservative news and commentary stations. An example it trying to connect to Fox News in the evening. I have to go through the menu 3 to 4 times in order to connect. I have also experienced drops of the station for apparently no reason. It just flips back to the menu and 3 or 4 tries are needed to reconnect to the chosen station. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem either with conservative news and commentary stations or non-conservative news and commentary stations. Has ROKU gone WOKE? Maybe not in total but, inching there one step at a time. I chose ROKU over Amazon because of its quality, selection, and OPENNESS of its platform. Any comments?

P.S. UP Front - Don't try to shame me for I Have No Shame.

31 REPLIES 31
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why is ROKU making it hard to connect to Conservative news and commentary stations?

Roku isn't doing anything to make it difficult to connect to conservative news/opinion outlets. Don't go putting on the tin foil hat because you're having connectivity issues with a particular application. When you do that, you make the rest of us conservatives look silly. I don't like other people making me look silly.

If you have an issue with a particular application, or with multiple applications, simply list the problem and leave the commentary off. Troubleshooting is analyzing facts, not opinion. You know, like news should be, but never is. Don't be like MSNBC, CNN, and the like. Just state the facts of the issue. Perhaps someone will be able to help.

Maybe delete the post, and re-post a new one with the commentary removed.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Why is ROKU making it hard to connect to Conservative news and commentary stations?

[post edited]

The fact is, the FoxNews app/streaming service is poorly coded/managed, and has been for some time.

(e.g. they actually disabled their Live feed a week ago or so, putting a QR code in its place)

As it happens, there was a FoxNews app update today (version 3.17.305211230), so perhaps this will address some of the issues you've been having.

RNC

Had this community been under the ATTNow website, I could vouch for such a statement. As I would deliberately watch FOX news religiously for certain news programs and shows. It would almost always seem that "interference" was a problem but it wasn't never a broadband issue as I have a healthy and redundant pipe connected. 

All the other channels on their App would work but Fox would have broadcasting issues, dropping out, static as if I was receiving it via an old-fashioned TV antenna on the roof.  If anything, I would say that it may not be ROKU that is making it hard to connect to conservative news and commentary stations. This would fall to the "content provider" themselves and respectively. They are the ones that broadcast their programming via their App.

If anything, I have seen an increase of conservative news and commentary stations on the ROKU platform. For example, check out Pluto TV App. They brought a host of news and stations to the forefront of late. Since your statement is a wide-sweeping statement, can you narrow it down specifically. Trust me I have no problems finding or tuning into any of the conservative news and commentary stations. Can you expand on the words hard to connect a bit more?

Is it that you're not finding anything, or have you found all what you needed but need to jump through additional hoops to view your content? It's pretty hard to discern specifically what you mean. Just trying to help out.

Bradley_B

No connection issues or lack of choices, BUT the shows are woefully a week to two weeks behind the current news cycles.  So I'm more concerned about this.

0 Kudos
Seamus26

I just have to go through the connect process every time I go to Fox News app. Any ideas why? It's annoying. 

DBDukes

@Seamus26 

The answer has been provided many times, but many don't like the answer. The app is poorly coded. Fox News needs to build a better app.

Each platform -- Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Google/Android TV -- uses different operating systems, meaning each app is coded separately. The Fox News app for Roku is not the same code as the Fox News app for Fire TV, for example. All apps for the various platforms are all coded separately. Some are done well, some are done poorly. Fox News app for Roku was done poorly.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
ConTran
Reel Rookie

I thought it was only me. It's a struggle to watch any live daily wire broadcasts via youtube, Tim pool, Joe Rogan etc. Rumble just plain old doesn't work at all. It's super noticeable

gilbert123

My sister just purchased a new Roku t.v. we cannot get the conservative news channels without a deep search then it will not remember them in favorites. This is OAN ,Newsmax,and R A.V.  my t.v. remembers them .the channel numbers don't even show up. But all other news does.  It does not look like an accident. Is Roku t.v. committed to the left? Curious. This is in the live tv app

AvsGunnar

@gilbert123 

I am not really sure why Newsmax and RAV don't show up under the News category on the Roku Channel Live TV.  I did notice some others on left did not show either.

It does save on my Favorites, but some Rokutvs are currently having issues with their guides (especially Favorites), so that may be part of the issue you are seeing.

This also happens on the Movies category also though. (Not every movie channel is listed in the category).  Since this category implementation is kind of new, thinking just not all the bugs worked out yet.

Just remember Newsmax is 190, RAV is 194, and OAN Plus is 196.

Have a reference guide for channels for Roku Channel LiveTV is you want it in another thread https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Roku-Channel-Live-TV-Guide-List-Reference-List/m-p/78...

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos