Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sting_Seth
Channel Surfer

Why is Hotstar channel removed from Roku Canada?

Jump to solution

I understand Hotstar has been discontinued in the US but it still exists in Canada. I live in Canada and I have a Canadian account, yet the Hotstar app has been removed from my device.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Why is Hotstar channel removed from Roku Canada?

Jump to solution

Hello @Sting_Seth

Thanks for the post.

Upon checking, you are using a Roku account that wasn't originated in the region in which you are using your device, therefore, you are encountering issues within a channel. i.e. If you are using a device linked to the US, in Canada.

To resolve your issue, we would recommend creating a new Roku account. Since you're in the US, the account's region will automatically be set in the US as well. If you don't have any extra email address and you want to use the same email you are using at the moment, you can deactivate your existing Roku account then create a new one using the same credentials.

If you need help with the suggestions above, you can visit these links:

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Sting_Seth

Thanks for the post.

Upon checking, you are using a Roku account that wasn't originated in the region in which you are using your device, therefore, you are encountering issues within a channel. i.e. If you are using a device linked to the US, in Canada.

To resolve your issue, we would recommend creating a new Roku account. Since you're in the US, the account's region will automatically be set in the US as well. If you don't have any extra email address and you want to use the same email you are using at the moment, you can deactivate your existing Roku account then create a new one using the same credentials.

If you need help with the suggestions above, you can visit these links:

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LaeeyR

Jump to solution

Regarding US / Canada Cross border issues, is there an easy way a USA roku account can host a Canada based channel or app at the same time, or no easy way to switch between locations?

The reset and two account method is very cumbersome. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@LaeeyR

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos