Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ka21
Reel Rookie

Re: DirecTV sign in not working

I switched to the Firestick and it worked without a problem. 

0 Kudos
bobktd

It is obvious that Roku & DircTV Stream have known there is an issue. They also have done nothing about. Boy this is miserable service. Apple iTV works great with DirecTV Stream, Roku no. AT&T is really hurting customers by allowing this pathetic customer service to continue. Roku, I have no idea.

0 Kudos
Drumcircle

I'm cancelling DirectTV stream. 

0 Kudos
ecsjr47
Reel Rookie

I spoke with DirectTV satellite support last week on another matter.  The representative mentioned they were aware of the sign on issue and have had several customers switch back to satellite because of the problem.

0 Kudos
Techie_Kim

Unable to login to DirecTV Stream

I'm a long time Roku user and have never had difficulty with apps. But now, I've become a DirecTV Stream subscriber as I'm trying to migrate to streaming only. However, I cannot get past the login screen on the DirecTV Stream app. I've been able to login successfully to DirecTV Stream on my iPad and Apple TV, but not Roku. I've checked for updates on both the app and Roku device, ensured my equipment is supported, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app after restarting the device. Absolutely nothing works. Help!?! Is anybody out there experiencing this? What else should I do?

0 Kudos
Stebag432
Channel Surfer

I cannot login on Directv stream on my new Roku 4K stick. Directv says this problem is not on their end and I should talk to someone at Roku. I tried Roku's Get Human. But, no call back yet. Has anyone had this same problem with Directv Stream? 

0 Kudos
Gizzigirl

Re: Unable to login to DirecTV Stream

I have been having same issue for 2 weeks. I can login and watch from my iPad but not on TV with roku.  I Called DIRECTV stream today and canceled my subscription.  They did advise that I had not activated y account. You may want to call them to see if your account has been activated.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Stebag432

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. After re-installing the channel, try re-authenticating the channel.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Techie_Kim @Gizzigirl

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend trying to do the following steps:

1. Logging out of the channel (if you have tried to authenticate the channel)
  2. Remove the channel
  3. Restart the Roku device
  4. Adding the channel back again
  5. Re-authenticating the channel with your account credentials

If you are still unable to resolve the issue follow those steps, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Dann

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stebag432
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the suggestions. I've done all the items you suggested to no avail. I've talked to Roku tech support as well as Directv Stream tech support. The latter assured me that they are working with Roku to resolve this. But, told me to give them 72 hours to resolve which will be over later today. So far, it's still not allowing me to login via Roku.

0 Kudos