Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: DirecTV sign in not working

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Does the issue only occur on DirecTv or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Moreover, if the issue continues even after attempting the suggestions above, follow @RokuDanny-R's suggestion. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
coyte
Reel Rookie

I just ordered Directv Stream last week, and I am having the same issue with my roku sticks. HELP! Reinstalling does nothing.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@coyte

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
4evertexan

Has anyone solved this issue yet. I can having the same problem 

0 Kudos
coyte
Reel Rookie

The current hypothesis is that because I have an existing Direct TV Satellite subscription tied to the same email address (account), my login attempt is trying to connect to the satellite service rather than the streaming service. My service provider is currently working on decoupling my satellite service from my account and we will see if that solves the issue for me.  

0 Kudos
Wi_gator
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue. Has this been resolved?

Question for the original poster, did you migrate from DIRECTV satellite service to DIRECTV stream? Are you using the same email that you used for the satellite service?

0 Kudos
Tonyv11
Reel Rookie

I’m not the original, but I did migrate from satellite. One of the steps dtv stream had me take was to setup a new email for my login and it didn’t resolve. So frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Wi_gator
Reel Rookie

I was  able to resolve the issue. 

The problem is for those that are migrating from another att video service, e.g. DIRECTV satellite and that account was linked to myATT. If you used the same email as the myATT login or the same email as your previous video service, the Roku app will not work even though other apps (iPhone or Apple TV) work just fine. 

the solution is to open a new DIRECTV Stream account with an unrelated email and DO NOT LINK this account to myATT. Note when ordering a new DIRECTV Stream service there is an option to use a previous ATT email - DO NOT USE. Set up DIRECTV Stream as if you have ZERO relationships with ATT. 

I then had to call ATT and cancel the previous account (i.e. the one that was linked to myATT and that used the same email as DIRECTV satellite) that wasn’t working on the Roku device  

This is what I did and it worked for me. 

coyte
Reel Rookie

Just following up on my situation. After trying additional email addresses for the userid, we created a new DirecTv Stream account using a new email address. This new account worked. We then closed the former account. I hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
Spg424

I get the same message.   Did you find a fix?

0 Kudos