Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is DC Universe kicking me off every time I try to launch it?

Like at all? It worked long enough for me to add some stuff to my watchlist. Then it started launching and immediately crashing, now it won't even laumch at all. I've done all the basic troubleshooting I know how to do, but some help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BatmanJones
Level 7

Re: Has anyone been having trouble getting the DC universe app to work?

It was working for me on Roku on Saturday, Sunday, and part of yesterday. Last night it started kicking me out of the app as soon as it launched and I haven't been able to get it to work since then.

Worse, I haven't been able to get a reply from DC Universe Help. 

I've been without it for nearly 24 hours now since I was first kicked off. 

Any/all advice appreciated.
0 Kudos
BatmanJones
Level 7

Why is DC Universe kicking me off every time I try to launch it?

It's been happening since last night. DC Universe help desk hasn't replied so trying here.

It was working fine from Saturday afternoon to last night. Since then, every single time I launch it I am sent back to the Roku home page.

It is maddening. 

Anyone have any advice at all?
0 Kudos
BatmanJones
Level 7

Re: Why is DC Universe kicking me off every time I try to launch it?

I do NOT have similar issues with any other streaming app on Roku. Only on DC Universe.
0 Kudos
BatmanJones
Level 7

Resolution for anyone with similar problem:

My favorites list was too large so the app wouldn't load. It wasn't so very large. The app just couldn't handle it. Once I reduced the list drastically on my laptop it loaded fine.

Hopefully this will help others.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Has anyone been having trouble getting the DC universe app to work?

I believe they pushed a new update today.  If you are still having issues, remove the channel, REBOOT THE ROKU (do not skip that step), and then re-add it.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
BatmanJones
Level 7

Thanks for this, RokuShawnS. For anyone having this problem after rebooting and even removing and re-adding the app and *then* rebooting, since I tried both without success, it may be the case that your favorites list is too large for the app to load without quitting immediately. If you're like I was go to another device (laptop, phone) and reduce your favorites lists and voila it loads perfectly again.
0 Kudos