Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Recapper64
Streaming Star

Re: Content is not included in your subscription, error code 403

Jump to solution

I did this and it worked for me. Hats off to smcsmc727. I followed his direction and did a factory reset on my Roku device. You will have to reenter most of your passwords.

I have had to:

1. Set up the internet/ modem and had to pair remote
  2. I then downloaded the AMC Plus app first
  3. Updated AMC Plus before attempting log-in
  4. Logged in. Seem to be working now.

I have the Stream stick+ (about 3 years old) and using about a 10-year-old Sharp Aquos.

0 Kudos
ozzette
Channel Surfer

Re: Resolved: AMC Plus plays fine in bedroom on older Roku, not Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for the answer.  But my hesitation is in the fact that I will lose YouTube.  So, IMHO, maybe we shouldn't be so quick to blame AMC Plus.  It could be a devious method by Roku to get you out of YouTube.  I think it's time for me to start shopping for another method to stream TV.  A Christmas gift to myself.  It's sad too, because I have been with Roku since early 2010.  Almost 12 years.  But the constant push to upgrade your device has been getting on my nerves for a while.  Disappointed with the company by now.  I think I'm done.  However, thanks again for the fix because I also paid for a full year just maybe 2 months ago.  Tired of Roku's games.

Recapper64
Streaming Star

Re: AMC Plus streaming issues

Jump to solution
smcsmc727
Level 8

Wednesday
Resolved: AMC Plus plays fine in bedroom on older Roku, not Roku Ultra

After switching out various streaming devices so I could watch AMC Plus in the living room, this morning I bit the bullet and made one last ditch effort to fine a solution to AMC Plus not being playable on Roku Ultra.  This is what worked for me.

I did a Factory Reset on the Roku Ultra, which basically is like taking it out of the box for the very first time.  

1. Factory Reset which requires reactivating the Roku Ultra, getting an email, entering a code, etc. 
  2. Pairing remote to your TV.
  3. The final step necessitated entering my identity (email address) and password for half of our premium streaming channels.  I started with "the problem child" AMC Plus to verify that this corrected the issue, before I wasted a lot of time signing back into the rest of the channels.  It did.

Don't ask me how or why, but some of the streaming channels seemed to remember my credentials and didn't require me to sign in again.  Others I had to do all over again.

This worked for me, I hope it fixes your problem.

Recapper64
Streaming Star

smcsmc727 Level 8 Wednesday Resolved: AMC Plus plays

Jump to solution
smcsmc727
Level 8

Wednesday
Resolved: AMC Plus plays fine in bedroom on older Roku, not Roku Ultra

After switching out various streaming devices so I could watch AMC Plus in the living room, this morning I bit the bullet and made one last ditch effort to fine a solution to AMC Plus not being playable on Roku Ultra.  This is what worked for me.

I did a Factory Reset on the Roku Ultra, which basically is like taking it out of the box for the very first time.  

1. Factory Reset which requires reactivating the Roku Ultra, getting an email, entering a code, etc. 
  2. Pairing remote to your TV.
  3. The final step necessitated entering my identity (email address) and password for half of our premium streaming channels.  I started with "the problem child" AMC+ to verify that this corrected the issue, before I wasted a lot of time signing back into the rest of the channels.  It did.

Don't ask me how or why, but some of the streaming channels seemed to remember my credentials and didn't require me to sign in again.  Others I had to do all over again.

This worked for me, I hope it fixes your problem.

0 Kudos
herpderps

Jump to solution

@ozzette wrote:

Thanks so much for the answer.  But my hesitation is in the fact that I will lose YouTube.  So, IMHO, maybe we shouldn't be so quick to blame AMC+.  It could be a devious method by Roku to get you out of YouTube.  I think it's time for me to start shopping for another method to stream TV.  A Christmas gift to myself.  It's sad too, because I have been with Roku since early 2010.  Almost 12 years.  But the constant push to upgrade your device has been getting on my nerves for a while.  Disappointed with the company by now.  I think I'm done.  However, thanks again for the fix because I also paid for a full year just maybe 2 months ago.  Tired of Roku's games.

I really doubt Roku wants to mess up people's youtube for a random channel like AMC Plus, if it was Netflix or all their channels it'd be another story.

This sounds more like whoever built the AMC Plus app on Roku messed up their authentication that collided with youtube's authentication system or whichever channel that is the actual issue

0 Kudos
Tekhunter

Re: AMC Plus on Roku, error 403

Jump to solution

Put in a ticket with AMC as I cannot play anything back via the Roku TV but it plays on my PC...not how I want to stream the movies.

0 Kudos
Jusbcuzz
Reel Rookie

Re: Content is not included in your subscription, error code 403

Jump to solution

AMC Plus refunded my 1 year subscription.  I had a ticket in with them for 2 weeks. The issue could not be resolved, so I requested a refund.  Today, I received an email and they refunded my money.

Recapper64
Streaming Star

Re: AMC Plus on Roku, error 403

Jump to solution

Not sure if this will work on the TV. It did for my streaming stick plus. Try this first:

1. Delete the AMC+ app
  2. Reboot your devices
  3. Make sure all your devices have the latest versions.
  4. Reinstall the app
  5. Then sign in again

If you tried this and are still having trouble this is what worked for me:

1. Set up the internet/ modem and had to pair remote
  2. I then downloaded the AMC+ app first.
  3. Updated AMC+ before attempting log-in
  4. Logged in. Seems to be working now.

I have the Stream stick+ (about 3 years old) and using about a 10-year-old Sharp Aquos

0 Kudos
shortyellowbus
Reel Rookie

Re: content is not included in your subscription. error code 403- source- provider

Jump to solution

I can watch it on my computer and phones, but not on my roku that is hooked up to my t.v. where I want to. I emailed, customer service, no response. I can not find a number to call.  They suck.

0 Kudos
shortyellowbus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you to smcsmc727.  I did this and it worked. What a pain in the ass. Shouldn't have to be done like this.  Got a response from AMC Plus about my complaint. They just said we are aware of the problem, and to watch it on something else. 

I asked if they would prorate while this isn't  working, no response. Anyhow, thanks again. You're solution works! I spoke to soon. came home today, same thing, error, not available. so it worked for one night. Oh well.

0 Kudos