Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nageltr
Reel Rookie

Re: Resolved: AMC Plus plays fine in bedroom on older Roku, not Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

I'm here having the same issue. Tried the restart and reinstall, didn't work. The channel is working fine on my brand new Google Chromecast, which is pretty awesome. I've been with Roku since they started but it seems the are going in a negative direction. Not only with persistent bugs, but other corporate decisions too. They had better step up their game soon or are going to get stomped. 

Recapper64
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I ended up canceling my AMC Plus and getting it through Roku. It works fine. However, I think I will be out the money I paid AMC Plus directly for an app that does not work.

ForYourInfo
Reel Rookie

Re: content is not included in your subscription. error code 403- source- provider

Jump to solution

I just signed up today Thanksgiving day 11-25-21 at amcplus.com  and I am getting the same error message on my roku device. However, when I go to settings and then subscription it says it expires on 12-14-72. That is 1972 when AMC was not even a channel.

When I log in on the website I can watch it there but I do not want to watch it on my computer screen I want to watch it on my flat screen roku tv.

And when I settings and then subscription on the website it says it expires on 11-25-23 two years from now. My credit card company says only one charge of $23.88 ($1.99 times 12) was processed.

I put in a "ticket" for the problem as I could not find a phone number on google for the company and since today is thanksgiving day who knows when they will respond to ticket. 

I hope this helps 

Recapper64
Streaming Star

Re: content is not included in your subscription. error code 403- source- provider

Jump to solution

Funny mine showed the same on their website, my tv I didn't expire until 40. Maybe that was the issue I thought it was 2040 and it was 1940 🙂

0 Kudos
ForYourInfo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried an old Roku streaming device and attached it to the Roku TV and I works even with the expiration date of 1972. but I still want to watch it directly from my Roku TV and not have to select a tv input device and then switch remotes just to watch one app.

The brand of tv is a ONN 40 inch that I got at Walmart  on black friday weekend in 2019 for $100. 

If anyone else is using this same model and getting the same issue please let me know,

Also, if you switch to a roku streaming device that is at least 3 or 5 years old and it works for you please let me know.

Recapper64
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hello everyone that has been getting error code 403- source- provider on the AMC Plus app when purchased from AMC.

Hats off to smcsmc727. I followed his direction and did a factory reset on my Roku device. You will have to reenter most of your passwords.

I have had to:

1. Set up the internet/ modem and had to pair remote,
  2. I then downloaded the AMC Plus app first.
  3. Updated AMC Plus before attempting log-in
  4. Logged in. Seem to be working now.

I have the Stream stick+ and using about a 10-year-old Sharp Aquos

Recapper64
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hats off to smcsmc727. I followed his direction and did a factory reset on my Roku device. You will have to reenter most of your passwords.

I have had to:

I have the Stream stick+ and using about a 10-year-old Sharp Aquos

Recapper64
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have had to:

1. Set up the internet/ modem and had to pair remote

I have the Stream stick+ (about 3 years old) and using about a 10-year-old Sharp Aquos

0 Kudos
nageltr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yikes! Glad to hear that worked though. Luckily it is working on the Chromecast Google TV so I'll just use that until Roku/AMC figure this out. The fact that resetting the Roku fixed the issue, and the app is working on other platforms, kind of indicates where the problem lies. 

Recapper64
Streaming Star

Re: AMC Plus streaming issues

Jump to solution

I have had to:

I have the Stream stick+ (about 3 years old) and using about a 10-year-old Sharp Aquos

0 Kudos