Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smcsmc727
Reel Rookie

Re: Content is not included in your subscription. Error code 403 source provider

Jump to solution

Exact same problem here, and I tried uninstalling the app on Roku, restarting Roku, reinstalling app - the weird thing is that it's doing this on the ultra Roku, but not the older basic Roku in my bedroom. There it's running perfectly.

smcsmc727
Reel Rookie

AMC Plus plays fine in bedroom on older Roku, not Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

I just signed up for AMC Plus on the web, and then added the channel to my Roku 3 in the bedroom, and my Roku Ultra in the living room.  No problem with the older cheaper Roku, but in the living room it lets me log on to AMC Plus, but won't let me play anything.  I get this error message each time I try:

"We're sorry, this content is not included in your subscription"

Error Code 403_RESOURCE_PROVIDER

Anyone know how to fix this?

Jusbcuzz
Reel Rookie

Re: Content is not included in your subscription. Error code 403 source provider

Jump to solution

Mine only works on my phone App. None of my TV Apps work.   This is definitely an AMC Plus problem. Not ROKU.  I'm still fighting to get a refund.  AMC needs to stand behind their product. 

Recapper64
Streaming Star

Re: content is not included in your subscription. error code 403- source- provider

Jump to solution

Definitely contact customer support customerservice@amcplus.com   Let them know you have tried that. Just so everyone knows this does NOT seem to be a Roku issue but appears to be a conflict with the AMC app. I can get AMC fine on my computer.

I am currently on the next step they will want to know. This is their reply;

"We're sorry that you're having trouble with the app and we understand how frustrating that can be. In order to troubleshoot, we'll need to work together to identify the source.
Can you help us out with a bit of key information? This will help our tech team to suggest a solution or find problems on our side.
We would like to know:
  1. On your Roku, please go to Home > Settings > About
    And tell us what you see under:
    • Roku model #
    • Software version
    • Build version"
Recapper64
Streaming Star

Re: content is not included in your subscription. error code 403- source- provider

Jump to solution

My original Roku was fine also. I have upgraded to the Streaming Stick Plus. I had no issues for about a month I did an update and now all I get is the 403-source-provider.

That is why I think it is a conflict with the AMC app and Roku. AMC has been wotking with so far no luck. The customer service has sent everything over to Technical.

I am in the same boat as Jusbcuzz, I paid for a year's subscription through AMC. I would like to get it fixed so I can watch the shows. Where I live my only option is to get satellite tv if I want to watch AMC and it is not worth that high monthly fee.

I would also contact AMC customerservice@amcplus.com to let them know. Seems a lot of us are having this issue. I will post when/ if it is fixed.

matzoballs
Binge Watcher

Re: Why is AMC Plus not working? Unable to play video

Jump to solution

AMC Plus Roku TCL and the (403) reminds me of the infamous HBO Max affair. I just called AMC Plus and on the ball, San Antonio area rep picked right up. He's been getting invaded with 403s. He says that they will get on it. I trust him. In the meantime, watch it with another media device.

LenK

Re: AMC Plus plays fine in bedroom on older Roku, not Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

Having same problem. I contacted AMC Plus and am waiting for reply. You can contact them here.

0 Kudos
Javrua
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Have the same problem.  Thanks for link.

cool80z
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

same problem but only on my ultra 4800. My roku premier is working fine.  I just ordered the channel.

smcsmc727
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sorry to say I took the path of least resistance.  After spending 2 hours on this problem, I opted to disconnect the Roku Ultra, and use an Amazon Firestick I had laying around.  It works perfectly with AMC Plus and our 8 other streaming channels.  I'll monitor this in case someone else finds a solution, but basically, my immediate need is taken care of.  It's a shame the most expensive device with the most bells and whistles can't do the job the cheaper Roku can, but I guess that's a function of more complex technology not "playing nice with others." 

For the record, before I bailed I contacted AMC Plus, Roku, read dozens of online articles, and viewed several Youtube videos.  In addition, I tried the few suggested solutions, some listed on this forum, before I decided since I had an alternative solution, to suspend my efforts to get the Roku Ultra to work with AMC Plus.