Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wolffl9
Reel Rookie

Why is AMC Plus not working? Unable to play video

Jump to solution

When i attempt to stream anything on AMC Plus (purchased through Roku) it brings me back to the show page. If i hit 'resume' it comes back to the page as well. I've deleted and restarted and everything I've read on community threads. I prefer not to go back to Sling for AMC Plus but if this cant be resolved i have no other recourse. I just wanna watch Fear the Walking Dead.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why is AMC Plus not working? Unable to play video

Jump to solution

You have to contact AMC about issues with their channel. Roku did not develop it, and has no ability to resolve an issue with it. 

You didn't really state what the issue is, other than a particular title wouldn't play. Does that mean it's not even listed as something available to watch, is there an error message when attempting to play the title, or something else? What is the model number (not the name) of your Roku player? 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74
Viv180
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue and this has happened another time. My husband can't watch Fear the Walking Dead like I did earlier. They better comp us for this. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You have to contact AMC about issues with their channel. Roku did not develop it, and has no ability to resolve an issue with it. 

You didn't really state what the issue is, other than a particular title wouldn't play. Does that mean it's not even listed as something available to watch, is there an error message when attempting to play the title, or something else? What is the model number (not the name) of your Roku player? 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Wolffl9 @Viv180,

We appreciate you for reaching out to the Roku community!

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Regards,
Mary

Wolffl9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes its listed but when you play it returns to the play or resume page..no error code ill contact amc ty

Recapper64
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I am having AMC Plus issues also. I can not watch anything now I keep getting "We're sorry this content is not included in your subscription. error code 403 source provider".

I downloaded the app separately, I do not have it through Roku. I have (going to be had) a year subscription

Pinina

Jump to solution

403 error code with AMC plus on Roku. Just recently paid for year.  2 rokus- besroom & living room. LR doea not even work now!!!! We Watched season one and hour into season two on a series and cannot get AMC plus to play it keeps giving us 403 error code email name is right password is right. What is the phone number for AMC to get customer service or refund for the service or what is an email address for AMC plus to get them to fix it anybody know? Making us crazy!

Recapper64
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Good luck finding a phone number. I am currently working on getting it fixed. the email I used and have made contact with is: customerservice@amcplus.com. This is the 2nd of a series of emails I have done this twice now no luck:

Hi Robert,

We're sorry to hear you're having some trouble with that. Other members reporting this issue have usually solved it by one of these steps:

• Delete the AMC Plus app
  • Reboot your devices
  • Make sure all your devices have the latest versions.
  • Reinstall the app
  • Then sign in again

If you tried this and are still having trouble, can you please answer the following questions so we can assist you?

• Are you able to log on via amcplus.com?
  • What devices are you using? (Tv brand/model? tablet? mobile? laptop?)
  • How are you trying to watch? (AMC Plus app? amcplus.com?)
  • Are you still getting an error message? If yes, please let us know what the message says verbatim or even better, please send a screenshot.
  • If you can provide us with the information requested above, hopefully we can have our tech team suggest a solution to this issue for you.

Thanks,
AMC Plus Support Team

Recapper64
Streaming Star

Content is not included in your subscription. Error code 403 source provider

Jump to solution

I have contacted AMC Plus they have been very helpful. The full error message I got was; 'We're sorry this content is not included in your subscription. error code 403- source- provider'.

This was the solution from AMC customerservice@amcplus.com:

'We're sorry to hear you're having some trouble with that. Other members reporting this issue have usually solved it by one of these steps: 
  • Delete the AMC Plus app 
  • Reboot your devices
  • Make sure all your devices have the latest versions.
  • Reinstall the app (recheck to see the app is updated)
  • Then sign in again

Next Steps: If you tried this and are still having trouble check to see if you are able to log on via amcplus.com?

If you CAN watch by using amcplus.com then the issue is with the app I would contact AMC  customerservice@amcplus.com.

Jusbcuzz
Reel Rookie

Re: Content is not included in your subscription. Error code 403 source provider

Jump to solution

I tried all of this and the App still does not work.  I paid for a year subscription through amcplus.com..  very disappointed.  I can log in, but cannot go to any channels or watch anything.  403 code every time.