Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katscapes

Why has all BBC and ITV programming been deleted from UK Entertainment?

Does anyone know why all the BBC and ITV programming has been deleted from Entertainment UK?  I happened on Monday but I didn't receive any notice to program changes.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why has all BBC and ITV programming been deleted from UK Entertainment?

@Katscapes 

Is Entertainment UK a non-US app on Roku? (I don't see it in the USA Channel Store.)

If so, be aware that Roku doesn't control the content of any app or service. If a service has dropped programming, it would be up to that service to explain. It's really no different than Netflix dropping a movie from its lineup. The service makes that decision.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

Perhaps Roku finally took some action after this recent thread?

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Is-the-UK-Entertainment-channel-available-at-... 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@denhow 

Roku would have simply removed the app is the content owners complained. They don't edit other people's apps.

If the app dropped content, the app developer did it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos