Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chinabus

Why has Tetris stopped working on Roku-3?

I purchased Tetris in 2015, and it's the only video game I have (or have ever wanted to own).  I like to play it once in a while, but now I find that it won't run on any of the three Roku 3 devices I use around the house.   Is this a problem with Roku or with the game supplier?   In other words, to whom should I address my complaint?

Thanks for any comments.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why has Tetris stopped working on Roku-3?

@Chinabus

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RFKfan1991
Reel Rookie

Re: Why has Tetris stopped working on Roku-3?

The old Tetris app stopped working for me too. I scrolled through the 398 'available games' and near the end of the list I noticed a slightly different version of Tetris - I grabbed it. Its free with ads, or 4.99 w/no ads. Its decent, not as refined as the original Tetris on the Roku, but it functioned ok. One note, the D-Pad is used with the controller in a vertical position whereas the original game allowed you to turn the controller 45 degrees and hold it like an oldschool gamepad.

This new version also doesn't allow you to swap the current piece for the piece that is 'up next'. 

The old app was a 5.0 for me. This new version is probably a 3.5 due to the controller config, no swapping of pieces and the music seems a little odd vs. the original. 

0 Kudos