Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgsmile

Why doesn't Roku list MSNBC as an app I can install?

Jump to solution

Since on several tvs in my house I only watch a small number of the hundreds of stations I get with FIOS, I want to eliminate the cable boxes I don't need. I have both Roku and FireTV devices, and while FireTV allows me to install the MSNBC app, Roku does not appear to allow it. Strange - since Fox News, CNN, and CNBC appear to be available.

Can anyone help here? Given the cost of a FireStick is about 2 months of renting a cable box, I may just replace my Rokus with FireSticks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why doesn't Roku list MSNBC as an app I can install?

Jump to solution

@sgsmile 

NBC makes the apps for the various devices. For Roku, they have an NBC News app that includes content from MSNBC. For a live stream of MSNBC -- or any of the services you listed -- you'll need a live streaming service, such as Sling TV ($35/month).

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@sgsmile 

NBC makes the apps for the various devices. For Roku, they have an NBC News app that includes content from MSNBC. For a live stream of MSNBC -- or any of the services you listed -- you'll need a live streaming service, such as Sling TV ($35/month).

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Java7

Jump to solution

Especially since they have multiple far right wing networks like OAN available. Balance people.